First time editing in this style, need advice on interest retention and editing style [Gameplay]

TeddieCakes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Video Link:
Channel: TeddieCakes
Title: FIRST D.VA TEAM KILL! | Gremlin D.VA teaches us how to "Git Gud"

Hello,

I am a complete beginner when it comes to editing and I just recently created a new video that is completely different and new in style to me. I wanted to know if this editing style I used is at least somewhat interesting for others. I personally enjoyed learning to do this and am very proud of it (even if it is not well received I will continue to improve on it as it has been a great experience). Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciative for this type of video. For example:

1. Did it at least maintain some amount of interest (any particular part)?
  2. Was audio too loud or just too much going on?
  3. Intro portion funny or boring? How about the outro? Did it fit in with the video?
  4. Too much random clips of eliminations or an okay amount?
  5. Were transitions good?
  6. (For non-gamers) Did the video transitions, random clips and memes, and intro/outro seem okay aside from the gameplay? Do you think that this would be somewhat interesting if you used this same style into content related to your interests?
You do not have to answer specifically these, just want to know how you felt the video should be improved. Please read video description if you would like to learn about how the idea came about.

Thanks for reading!

EliteTowerStudios

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Watched your video "FIRST D.VA TEAM KILL! | Gremlin D.VA teaches us how to "Git Gud" and here are some thoughts
  • Your intro was funny and cute, i liked it
  • I am not a big fan of gameplay without commentary
  • Video is not too long, good size for what it is
  • audo quality is good but a little too loud
  • Video quality is good
  • could have used some annotations with call to actions like subscribe or like this video

Hope that helps

Reactions: TeddieCakes

TeddieCakes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Watched your video "FIRST D.VA TEAM KILL! | Gremlin D.VA teaches us how to "Git Gud" and here are some thoughts
  • Your intro was funny and cute, i liked it
  • I am not a big fan of gameplay without commentary
  • Video is not too long, good size for what it is
  • audo quality is good but a little too loud
  • Video quality is good
  • could have used some annotations with call to actions like subscribe or like this video

Hope that helps
EliteTowerStudios,

Much appreciation for taking the time and reviewing the video. Thank you for both complementing and giving straight feedback! This has helped tremendously.

Regarding audio, which part seemed to be a bit too loud? I was worried if the game audio (including other players mic sounds) overshadowed the music volume or everything just sounded like a jumbled mess.

As for the annotations, yes thank you for reminding me about that. I will definitely take your advice to heart and improve on it!