Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

First strike on my skincare product video

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Olive80, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Olive80
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $117
    I just got notified that my most recent video for a strike against it for violating YouTube's terms. Apparently it's repetitive? I've only done one other blackhead remover video and this was like a follow -up / comparison. The products are even from different companies. I don't understand why YouTube would remove my video, now I'm worried they're gonna take all of my skincare/ review type videos down since that's most of my content.

Did someone report my video or does YouTube just go around randomly removing videos?

I just appealed it (the appeal "form" is very short, maybe the length of a tweet?) and now I'm waiting. I just don't know what could have been offensive about this product and I don't think it violated any of youtube's "community guidelines" in any way. Could it have been my tagging? Should I stop using tubebuddy?

Having mentioned tagging, I checked my description box, no tags there (I did use keywords that are in my tags, idk if that counts, just mentioning vlogtober shouldn't be a violation unless I'm not supposed to also put it in the tags, my understanding is that "no tags in the description" means no hashtags, so I could put "I'm doing vlogtober" but not "I'm doing #vlogtober"? Am I wrong?

I didn't swear, plagiarize or do anything else that could have been against their guidelines, so I'm really lost. Why remove such a benign video? All I wanted to do was show people this cute thing I found and I put a lot of time into this. I'm really bummed, what else of mine are they gonna take down and not justify with an actual reason?

#1 Olive80, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Olive80
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $117
    Nevermind, I guess?

3. Idec Sdawkminn
    Horror Versions
    Cash:
    $134
    So no reply from YouTube yet?

4. Olive80
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $117
    No reply, but my video seems to be fine and the strike was removed, but now, the next video I uploaded doesn't have an ad even though I monetized it. Idk if that's normal since I'm still pretty new to monetizing, but I thought it was weird since it was another skincare video...

As for replies from YouTube, I've even checked my spam and nothing.

5. Idec Sdawkminn
    Horror Versions
    Cash:
    $134
    They don't always reply when they take care of things. And not all views have ads even when a video is monetized. Only about 41% of the times people watch my videos there is an ad. And it's different for each video. There may just not be any ads available that match the audience type right now.

Olive80 likes this.
  6. Olive80
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $117
    Ah, good to know, thanks. I was getting worried because right after I got the strike, someone reported my name as fake on facebook, too so I guess I've just been paranoid since then.