First Copyright Strike

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
but how would I debate if it's copyright infringement or is debating just asking for them to take the strike away?
Debating is just where you contact the owners of the content and ask them to remove the strike as you have removed the video and did not intend to make money off of their content :)

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Comedian
So after uploading videos on YouTube for nearly 5 years, i managed to just get a copyright strike on my channel... (because I posted a fan trailer for Legend of Korra last year and I really shouldn't have....) I was just wondering if there's any way to undo that strike or is there an amount of time I have to wait until the copyright strike goes away. Also what happens when you have one strike... do I lose any privileges. (oh I just noticed I can't make videos unlisted anymore, but I can still make the private.
-I hope I post this in the right thread.
that sucks. I've heard deleting the vid might help, Frankie's already said that.

on a side note, I'm glad to see another Legend of Korra fan on the site! ...... I'm not helping the situation, am I

Reactions: Nicekid76

MrHeadless

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think you have to go to YouTube's "copyright school".

portiz

Photoshop Freak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
6 months for the copyright strike to go away, or ask the one who claimed to remove it..

Reactions: Dee

Dee

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I think it's a 6 month wait. That's watcha get for being a youtube rebel :D

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
...on a side note, I'm glad to see another Legend of Korra fan on the site! ...... I'm not helping the situation, am I
lol it's cool. I been a fan of Avatar forever
I think you have to go to YouTube's "copyright school".
yup and that sucked...
6 months for the copyright strike to go away, or ask the one who claimed to remove it..
I would but I kinda don't think viacom would care.... since viacom is the type to not care.
Yeah, I think it's a 6 month wait. That's watcha get for being a youtube rebel :D
I thought they would never see it... but randomly the video started getting allot of views and then SHUT DOWN

portiz

Photoshop Freak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would but I kinda don't think viacom would care.... since viacom is the type to not care.
thats sucks. oh well just wait for the 6 months then.. also can you verify if you still can upload videos longer than 15 mns with a copyright strike?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
thats sucks. oh well just wait for the 6 months then.. also can you verify if you still can upload videos longer than 15 mns with a copyright strike?
:eek: I didn't even think of that..... AHHHHH!!! DAMN *head desk*head desk*head desk*

*checking now* Nope.... it says up to 15min again. *head desk*head desk* :banghead2:

My life is over :crying:.

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah complete the YouTube copyright school (3 questions or so) and then the strike will get removed after 6 months as the others already mentioned. I just got removed mine like a week ago. By the way besides not being able to upload videos as unlisted I think you're not allowed to use custom thumbnails either.

portiz

Photoshop Freak
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
:eek: I didn't even think of that..... AHHHHH!!! DAMN *head desk*head desk*head desk*

*checking now* Nope.... it says up to 15min again. *head desk*head desk* :banghead2:

My life is over :crying:.
calm down, dont hurt the desk, is not its fault.. jajaja.. and damn thats sucks..