First adsense payment - is this wrong?

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

Got my first adsense payment today and it's less than half of what my Youtube estimated revenue was for the period. From everything I've read, the Youtube estimated revenue is pretty close to what you should get paid. Few questions:

1) Maybe I'm being impatient - does it take a couple of days for all the payment to get into your adsense account?
2) What time period would today's payment have been?
3) If it is wrong, how do I dispute this?

Many thanks

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don`t understand. Did you check your Adsense profile? There you can see how much really you earned and that is what you will get paid. I am still waiting for my first pay off. I hope it will be next month because now I am around 70% until threshold. So you youtube estimated revenue is how much you earned until now in total (and not 100% accurate) and on AdSense, you can see the exact amount of money you earned, that updates after each 10th day in a month.

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've figured it out. On the payment for 1-31 Jul has been added. Nothing for 1-14 August yet. Will this be added for this payment cycle?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

Got my first adsense payment today and it's less than half of what my Youtube estimated revenue was for the period. From everything I've read, the Youtube estimated revenue is pretty close to what you should get paid. Few questions:

1) Maybe I'm being impatient - does it take a couple of days for all the payment to get into your adsense account?
2) What time period would today's payment have been?
3) If it is wrong, how do I dispute this?

Many thanks
It's not your first payment. Payments are after 15th. It's the revenue from the last month added to your balance.
The YouTube analytics show your estimated earnings. Later AdSense makes additional verification of the earnings and decrease the amount they find suspicious/invalid.

1) Yes. The AdSense for websites revenue usually is added to your account balance at the 2nd-3rd day of the month. The YouTube revenue is usually added after 11th of the month.
2) For the previous month.
3) It's not wrong. You can't dispute it.

I've figured it out. On the payment for 1-31 Jul has been added. Nothing for 1-14 August yet. Will this be added for this payment cycle?
The final earnings for Augusts will be calculated in September and then added to your balance.

Reactions: xingcat

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the replies.

Just so I'm clear then:

On the 15th September pay day I will get paid for 1-31 August? and then on 15th Oct pay day I will get paid for 1 - 30 September?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the replies.

Just so I'm clear then:

On the 15th September pay day I will get paid for 1-31 August? and then on 15th Oct pay day I will get paid for 1 - 30 September?
You are paid after 15th of each month if you have reached the payment threshold. If you didn't reach the payment threshold or have hold of your payments, the account balance is carried over to the next month. I think you are mixing payments with balance transfers. You can have transfers to your balance from different products, usually till 15th of the month. Then it's a single payment, after 15th of the month, if your balance is higher than the threshold and you don't set a hold of the payments.

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply but I am still not very clear. In terms of the threshold it's not an issue as I am earning a decent amount.

My question is the money I earned from 1-14 August, when will this be paid? If you can see below I have been earning steadily since I started one month ago, but I have only been paid (so far) up until 31st July. In August in adsense it is not showing anything for August, just my July earnings (Y).

Attachments

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply but I am still not very clear. In terms of the threshold it's not an issue as I am earning a decent amount.

My question is the money I earned from 1-14 August, when will this be paid? If you can see below I have been earning steadily since I started one month ago, but I have only been paid (so far) up until 31st July. In August in adsense it is not showing anything for August, just my July earnings (Y).
Whole month august earnings will be paid in September. Adsense is Net 30 after end of the month. i.e. earnings of August will be paid by end of September. This is not exactly Net 30, because earnings form 1st of August will be paid at end of September, so it is something like Net 50-Net 55.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Video monetization / Partnership discussion forum. =)

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whole month august earnings will be paid in September. Adsense is Net 30 after end of the month. i.e. earnings of August will be paid by end of September. This is not exactly Net 30, because earnings form 1st of August will be paid at end of September, so it is something like Net 50-Net 55.
Ok great, so what I said previously was correct?

On the 15th September pay day I will get paid for 1-31 August? and then on 15th Oct pay day I will get paid for 1 - 30 September?[DOUBLEPOST=1502717744,1502717726][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've moved this to the Video monetization / Partnership discussion forum. =)
Thanks and sorry