Finding your name?

Aron

Homicidal Zebra Factory
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips or things you went through in the process of finding the perfect name for your channel. I am trying to start up a "lets play" channel and finding a name seems to be an impossible ordeal. I've spent hours on a random word generator, just trying to pair two words together into something that is memorable.

I look forward to hearing from everyone,
Aron

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
depends on what kind of stuff you want to do in your videos I guess.
A lot of people would have their name as it..
I made my years ago (phoenix has always been something I've had in names for its meaning) but has Artume at the beginning, which i can't change now.

But my photography work i came up with phoenix photons, which blends quite nicely with being a photon of light, and rolls off the tongue 'phoenix photons photography'
It's just brainstorming and finding something you like :)

Foxbarr

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I named mine ScottishGamersHD because we're both scottish and we're gamers, so it seemed like the easy choice, we just had to add the HD bit cos ScottishGamers was already taken :/

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm really picky when it comes to usernames. If I have a username I don't like i'll feel the need to start over. One of my first main channels was called 'MagicianOnAMission' which was a pretty catchy title but since then i've abandoned it. The problem with usernames is if you want to change what you do, your username may no longer fit properly. I've settled with StevenBridgesTV because it's my name so I don't have to worry about wanting to change it lol.

All I'd say, from personal experience is look at your username like a tattoo. You'll NEVER be able to change it so make sure its something that will still sound cool in a few years time. Best of luck!

Unknownuser983838

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
i came op with my channel name "retrotulip" before i ever decided to even make youtube videos. i just needed to come up with some user name for my youtube account. i like retro styles, and i like tulips, so i put those 2 words together and came up with retrotulip. it wasnt till much later i decided to actually make videos myself, and i just did it on that same channel.

TMDxProductionz

FIFA 12 Gaming Channel [HD]
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I called mine TMDxProductionz because uhmmm... My initials are 'TMD' and I produce videos (hence the 'Productionz') The reason there's an 'x' in the middle is because you couldn't have spaces in your username at the time, and I thought 'TMDProductionz' looked a bit tacky. :p

GamerKeebzy

A Wild Keebzy Appears!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I named mine ScottishGamersHD because we're both scottish and we're gamers, so it seemed like the easy choice, we just had to add the HD bit cos ScottishGamers was already taken :/
nuuuu more scottish gamers! xD

i find if you put your name in there it helps with availability as well, like my main channel is TheKeebzyShow and my gaming channel is KeebzyRetroGamer(Used to be KeebzyLetsPlays, but was too boring a name for me haha)

MegaDashCam

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just searched for a available name that would match my content