Finding Potential Subscribers

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Since the changes from Youtube, it's been more difficult for me to look for potential subscribers.

What I would used to do was find another youtuber that was in my niche and contact his subscribers one by one. I would write on their "comment section" to check out my channel in a non spammy tone. For the most part, I was getting a lot of loyal subscribers this way. This and the "friends option" was very crucial in me getting good subscribers

Now with the new changes, I can no longer view subscribers of other youtubers that are in my niche.

So now I've pretty much plateaued with the number of subscribers I have.
I socialize within my niche and make comments on other beer reviews, but doesn't seem to help.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to get more subscribers with the new changes on youtube?

Thanks!

Jordan Fountain

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
dont limit your promotion to youtube alone. post your videos on blogs, forums and websites to gain a larger audience. remember to ask people to sub if they like your content

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
dont limit your promotion to youtube alone. post your videos on blogs, forums and websites to gain a larger audience. remember to ask people to sub if they like your content
I used to post my vids on forums, but it got to a point where I felt like was spamming every week. Same goes with blogs. I'm slowly growing on twitter and FB, but that doesn't seem to help with the subscriptions.

Jordan Fountain

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
don't spam forums
go to reddit find a subreddit that fits your video and give it a title that makes them want to click
not "hey watch my video I made"
more like "this beer is awesome" or something that makes them want to click
--- merged: Apr 25, 2012 3:52 AM ---
also make sure to keep trying different subreddits and hope it will take off

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
don't spam forums
go to reddit find a subreddit that fits your video and give it a title that makes them want to click
not "hey watch my video I made"
more like "this beer is awesome" or something that makes them want to click
--- merged: Apr 25, 2012 3:52 AM ---
also make sure to keep trying different subreddits and hope it will take off

Yeah I need to give reddit a chance. There is a beer section on there, but I'm not sure if they'll like me posting my reviews there or not.
Appreciate the help Jordon Fountain.

Reactions: Jordan Fountain