Finding/Editing the right music for a video

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,
So I have been creating video's for over four years now but I still struggle with selecting the right sort of music for the video.

I feel like background music is incredibly important to set a certain mood. I have seen video's (mainlky vlogs) where they edit the video to the music so on every bass sound the camera zooms in or something like that.

What tips/tricks do you use to add music to make a video feel more professional?

Spook

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Edit timed with music can be a very powerful and engaging tool! I always recommend using royalty free music, or going onto sound cloud and asking permission from creators to use their content (with a shoutout of course) :) (I'm not sure if I can attach a link to a video example I have produced for editing to music but on my page their is a demo reel with examples of just that! Or the MK4 GTI video is a great example of editing to music!)

For vlogs a good way to have music play in the background while still being able to hear the person talking clearly is to EQ the music and dip it a bit around the 1k range, this allows for a pocket of sound absence for the vocals to rest in, clear and undisturbed!

- Good Luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions