Finding a YouTube coach

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a handful of YouTube coaches or mentors? I'm potentially in the market for one, but am finding them hard to find.

I've been running my channel for 2 years. It's my first channel and also my first foray into public presentation. I've been learning under my own steam, using free advice videos and blogs. Perhaps predictably, I've grown painfully slowly (which it seems reasonable to expect, given the limited expertise, resources and time I've been putting in) but now I'm at a point where I feel like I've hit a ceiling, and could really benefit from mentoring or coaching.

I tried running a Google search of YT coaches in my area (I know they don't necessarily need to be in my area, but I know there are several in my current hometown of Bristol, UK so thought I'd start with searching local. However, I'm finding it hard to find the people. A search for "Youtube coaching Bristol" gives me a lot of results for YouTube videos made by/of coaches in just about any discipline you can imagine, who just happen to be in Bristol. A search for "Youtube mentoring Bristol" gives me similar results. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to search for.

I have managed to find one, but I'd rather get an idea of different quotes and packages on offer before I commit.

Any ideas or recommendations?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Sad truth is anything they can tell you, you can probably learn yourself for free.

That being said when we abandoned our old channel and started this new one we had a 'mentor' he was a bigger creator around 100k ish and he helped us get set up and pick up steam in the early days.

Find a creator with a good heart who you can get to know and become friends with more friends you have the more you'll learn.

In addition there's multiple online resources like YTTalk. :)P), Reddit has multiple subreddits like adveritsing, youtube etc. best of luck!

Reactions: Rowan Oakley

SwitchedOn

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm new to creating videos and even youtube! I'd love to know more about Coaches and your experiences with them?

NerkGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've tried looking for one before but gave up with it sometime ago, it's interesting you live in Bristol as I don't live that far from Bristol at all, I hope you can find a coach though, one that can help you out, you do have a nice channel :)

Reactions: Rowan Oakley

EcCeNTriC Cuddles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a handful of YouTube coaches or mentors? I'm potentially in the market for one, but am finding them hard to find.

I've been running my channel for 2 years. It's my first channel and also my first foray into public presentation. I've been learning under my own steam, using free advice videos and blogs. Perhaps predictably, I've grown painfully slowly (which it seems reasonable to expect, given the limited expertise, resources and time I've been putting in) but now I'm at a point where I feel like I've hit a ceiling, and could really benefit from mentoring or coaching.

I tried running a Google search of YT coaches in my area (I know they don't necessarily need to be in my area, but I know there are several in my current hometown of Bristol, UK so thought I'd start with searching local. However, I'm finding it hard to find the people. A search for "Youtube coaching Bristol" gives me a lot of results for YouTube videos made by/of coaches in just about any discipline you can imagine, who just happen to be in Bristol. A search for "Youtube mentoring Bristol" gives me similar results. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to search for.

I have managed to find one, but I'd rather get an idea of different quotes and packages on offer before I commit.

Any ideas or recommendations?
Roberto Blake does one on one coaching on Awesome Creator Academy, but he's kind of expensive, the price is about $597.00 if your interested.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Before spending any money with a coach, ask them for evidence of a successful channel they have started that is not about "How to grow a YouTube channel." I doubt they will be able to do this.

Reactions: hasanpasir88

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've tried looking for one before but gave up with it sometime ago, it's interesting you live in Bristol as I don't live that far from Bristol at all, I hope you can find a coach though, one that can help you out, you do have a nice channel :)
Aye, I do! And thank you for the comment, it's good to get positive feedback! I've grown very slowly indeed though, given the length of time I've been doing this.

See, as digibox said, it might be that there's nothing I can't learn from a coach that I can't learn myself for free, but I'm not sure either way. One thing a coach offers is their undivided attention for the contracted time - and you're also paying for them to be invested enough in helping you to tell you if you're doing something wrong, especially if it's something that might be awkward to say. So that's one reason I'm keen to hire one.

Before spending any money with a coach, ask them for evidence of a successful channel they have started that is not about "How to grow a YouTube channel." I doubt they will be able to do this.
That makes a lot of sense. I spent a while as a commissionable short story writer and got established enough that other writers, often those just starting out, were eager for me to offer advice or help. Like I say, that situation is clearly highly exploitable. It's also possible that some of their ex-customers got successful on their own, or by using a different, better coach after stopping using them, so I understand that it can be tricky to verify a coach's talent.

Hmm...

Reactions: Crown