Finding a niche

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
The sole advice I can give to you is - anything that really interests you, especially if it is a fringe interest (example - a lot of people really like to play video games; opt for a different interest if you don't have an idea how to stand out among the masses).

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should find something that interest you (just like Buki said:)) That is how I started my channel too. I got very inspired by some bigger animation channels and then I just jumped right into it:) I have changed my style a little since i started ( going a bit more in the comedy/humor direction but still I have a message) I see by the way that you are looking for collabs in the comedy genere:up2: That is a great way to start and one of the best IMO.. I have done some nice collabs it really has helped me a lot in getting my channel where it is today:)

rcrealness5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should find something that interest you (just like Buki said:)) That is how I started my channel too. I got very inspired by some bigger animation channels and then I just jumped right into it:) I have changed my style a little since i started ( going a bit more in the comedy/humor direction but still I have a message) I see by the way that you are looking for collabs in the comedy genere:up2: That is a great way to start and one of the best IMO.. I have done some nice collabs it really has helped me a lot in getting my channel where it is today:)
The sole advice I can give to you is - anything that really interests you, especially if it is a fringe interest (example - a lot of people really like to play video games; opt for a different interest if you don't have an idea how to stand out among the masses).
But how would you deal with not seeing growth in the channel

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
As the others have said, you should find something that you have an interest in- otherwise creating videos may be difficult. It's also good to think outside the box when you're trying to come up with a niche. Sure you can go for video games, health, vlog, etc, but those topics are oversaturated and you will be overshadowed by the competition. Instead, do some brainstorming and exploring on YouTube, but make sure that there is a demand first. If you discover an untapped niche you can blow up within a few days instead of grinding at it for a year.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like everyone said above you should make videos that intreast and then put your own uniqueness too it!

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you are in a super niche, there will not be many views at first or a lot of views . This really depends on the niche. If you can become an authority on it and own the space, the higher chance of success. My advice..w/e you are into, literally. Then, think creatively how you can give value. The long term ROI is key, and a lot of luck. You know all the slime videos lately? Some people were posting for years and now those same channels are making millions.

Last edited:

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Stop worrying about growing a channel and just do things that you enjoy doing. Because if you're trying to do it to make a buck, you will be both disappointed and you will likely be making videos no one wants to watch due to your lack of enthusiasm.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But how would you deal with not seeing growth in the channel
That is the point exactly:) You should NOT start a channel to see growth but because you like doing videos.. Of coruse every single one of us wants our videos to be seen but we kind of have to "earn" that.. Make you videos, enjoy it and start sharing your videos (maybe promote them) and if people like them you will see growth:)

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Look at what your enjoy doing outside of YT. For example you have an interest in movies do a movie based channel. From there you really think in detail what you type of videos you want to make. It's not the most easiest thing to do, I had to take a few months for work out what I wanted to do with my channel.