• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Finally made it

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A little later than originally hoped but I finally made the hallowed 1000 subs and 4000 watch hours.
It's been a tough slog but it actually feels really good to reach both milestones within a week of each other.
I know I'm still a small channel in the scale of Youtube channels but if I had to pass on any advise to small channels, it's make sure you are active on social media. Facebook has been hard to get a following but Twitter is where it's at for me. Be active, follow other people and make positive comments on their posts and it's a great place to be. Just spamming your videos on Twitter will get you nowhere, you have to put in the effort.
Now I guess I'll just sit in the queue and see if the Youtube overlords think I'm worthy of showing ads on my videos.......... :O_o2:

Reactions: Kruchiver

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats!! How long have you been on twitter? I have never really used it but it sounds like it worked for you!

HeyFalcon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice! How long did it take you to get to the review process? Also, i agree twitter is a great platform as you can get alot of impressions without having to promote your tweets. I tried facebook but it relies heavily on "boosting" or if you're lucky to have every friend share it on, etc.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congrats!! How long have you been on twitter? I have never really used it but it sounds like it worked for you!
I opened the Twitter account about the same time I went back to making videos so about a year.[DOUBLEPOST=1536073478,1536073432][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice! How long did it take you to get to the review process?
I took a break after only a few videos so realistically about a year.

Tacrob

Reaction score
A freaking bbq channel, that’s awesome lol but congrats! Looks like you’ve put good work into the presentation of your channel and have pulled that important, niche audience. May you see only more growth!

Reactions: The BBQ Chef

Kruchiver

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Congratulations. I can only ever dream of making it to 100 subs, never lone the magic 1000 level. I'm sure you'll growth will speed up though and the next 1000 will come around a lot quicker