Final cut Pro help

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I just got a new Mac book pro. Got 2.8 intel core i7, 16 gb and Radeon Pro 560 graphics card. When playing my movie back in Final cut to make sure its how I like it, the music stops playing for a bit then comes back in. Its hard to see where I have edited to the music when this happens. Im using an external HD to work from with my files. What can I do to make the video more smooth with the music so I can watch it seamlessly.
Thanks

beepIT

Reaction score
Looks like you release 4K videos. Right on. You might wanna decrease your playback resolution in FCPX; View > Quality > Better Performance. You can also try using proxy footage so that you edit footage at a lower resolution and seamlessly export it at 4K. It could also be a latency issue but I doubt it.

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Looks like you release 4K videos. Right on. You might wanna decrease your playback resolution in FCPX; View > Quality > Better Performance. You can also try using proxy footage so that you edit footage at a lower resolution and seamlessly export it at 4K. It could also be a latency issue but I doubt it.
Thanks, I never used to post in 4k as my old computer couldn't handle it. New one can. I will try what you have suggested. How do I do proxy footage? Im new to FCPX, as I upgraded from iMovie. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for your help

beepIT

Reaction score
:::support.apple. com/kb/PH12702?::::

This'll tell ya everything you need to know re: optimized and proxy media. It's easiest to let FCPX make the proxies for ya while you import your footage for the first time. Backtracking to optimize lots of existing clips is a minor headache but doable.