filmora lowers the quality at random times

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
so here is the weird part, sometimes it degrades the footage, and sometimes it does not. I tried messing with different settings and I dont believe its my settings since at random times with the same configuration, the quality of the footage comes out super high.

btw finally figured out what settings make my video quality suppper high and crisp! ...when it wants to do it that is.

Does anyone else have this issue? or perhaps someone knows a fix?

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I used to use Filmora a lot and I think that's just a thing Filmora does. It's not really that great at most things. If you use the free version, or you uh... don't pay for the paid version if you know what I'm sayin, just try another editing software. There's a lot of other ones that are way more consistent and versatile.

Reactions: MindfulInquirer

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
thanks for the reply! glad you know what I am talking about ha. Well Im using the free one since I am thining of buying it. Would the paid version not do this? or its just a thing filmora does?

anything else you can recommend for that price range? just like how easy filmora is to use. and the titles are pretty nice as well.

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
thanks for the reply! glad you know what I am talking about ha. Well Im using the free one since I am thining of buying it. Would the paid version not do this? or its just a thing filmora does?

anything else you can recommend for that price range? just like how easy filmora is to use. and the titles are pretty nice as well.
For the price range of Filmora, I don't know of any good editing stuff. But Premiere Pro, which is what I use and I think the best editing software, is $20.00 a month and has a free trial if you want to get used to it.

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Filmora does glitch quite a bit tbh. Been using it for quite a while, and it does have a number of annoying things, although lots of really good things too. I'm way too used to it to change now though. :rolleyes:

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Would the paid version not do this? or its just a thing filmora does?
I have the paid version and it just has some issues. My biggest problem with the program used to be it wouldn't play videos smoothly, making it incoherent with the sound or music, making it impossible to edit vlogs on. Then they put in a pre-render function, which takes a bit of time but does solve the issue, but now I've heard that the newer version doesn't have this function anymore (hence me never ever updating my filmora anymore).

Sooo yeah:
Filmora does glitch quite a bit tbh. Been using it for quite a while, and it does have a number of annoying things, although lots of really good things too. I'm way too used to it to change now though. :rolleyes:
This is a quite accurate description. I really love Filmora's simplicity and titles as well, but it can be slow to respond, crash, take ages to render or mess up your quality. But as has been mentioned above, there isn't anything comparable in the same price range.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
i think I might have figured out my issue on why filmora degrades my video. Im still testing it though but so far everything has been downloading very high quality. I mainly use filmora for just basic editing and the pan and zoom feature. I am a moto vlogger offroader so dont need many fancy things. and for memories and stuff

I havent bought it yet, just using the test. but just making 100% sure it uploads all my videos at quality