Filming with your phone?

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I curently film with my Iphone 6 untill I can afford something professional(let's pray it happens fast). So my question is do you have any tips on how to improve the quality when you are filming with a phone? (like lighting, editing etc)
Probably the best way to record! its cheap and easy haha. I always open my Blinds and turn on the light and i mess with the video settings on my phone to make it a little brighter on my face

Reactions: Andreea

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I did a video recording with my phone just to prove that it's "not just ok until you can do better"..in most cases it is the "best" solution. Purchase a tripod adapter for $5..try to use natural light if you can..place a towel under the tripod to create motion..and learn to color correct. You probably won't want to buy a camera. Good luck

Livelifeinabox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We use an iPad3 as we can't efford anything else. The biggest problem we found was just holding the thing while not covering the mic, so many of our vids were unusable.

We solved the problem with a case with handles which keeps our hands away from the mic area, also gives us a tripod mount, but we can't efford one The case we use is the iOgrapher.

Michael Lunatic

Cosplay Videos|Comedy|Unboxings
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
Depending on your Editor, you can also enhance your mobile footage. I use Power Director 15 and that can control the lighting balance, sound quality, some camera shakes, and enhance picture quality. Worked great on my 720 Action Cam I was using after my LG 3.
Now using a Panasonic G7.