Filming technique?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I do a bit of both, sometimes I just leave the camera running then edit out everything but what I want to use, but when I'm fairly certain nothing worth filming is going to happen for a while I turn it off. sometimes ill have the camera running for 15 mins and only use 30 seconds of it. I do mostly shop related video though so there's lots of dead time as far as good video but you might be doing something on camera for a while. but only pick out a couple few second clips out of that time in the finished video.

ill normally get everything rough cut and in sequence first then go back and trim everything up a little closer. then watch start to Finnish a few times and cut again, sometimes entire sequences if I find that it doesn't add anything to the video. look for dead spaces ect. I film way more talking points than I end up using as well. many times I find I can just show something with selective editing a lot faster than I can say it. also recently learned how to rip audio from one clip and overlay it over another I look forward to using that trick in more video's

I wish I had more camera's so I could set up more angles and just have them running all the time. would make for a lot more raw footage but save a lot of time moving and re setting up camera's or missing good clips.

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I made a very few videos of traveling and an event. I mostly had my GoPro in my pocket and recorded a lot of shorter clips. Most of them are not longer than a minute, except the time lapses or something like a flight with a seaplane for 15 minutes.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
I guess the answer to the question will vary a lot, depending on the type video, video quality, etc. I have only made about 10 videos so far for both of my channels (tech /outdoors ) since I started late last year, but from my experiences with 4k / 2k videos it is definately better to film short clips and then edit later. Longer clips at higher resolution will take a lot of storage space. This gives me more flexibility deleting short clips as needed.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk