Filming technique?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
i just wanted to know how you guys film? Do you do everything in one shot and edit out the dead space and bad stuff later? What I had been doing was recording a part, stopping, recording a part, stopping. I’m thinking there is a better way to do it... lol I think I was just trying to save space/memory.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just shoot the video, and does not edit the video at all, which some people might find annoying, and I know that the subs doesn´t grow when I do that. But it suits me fine, as long as people watch my channel, it doesn´t matter!

Reactions: CristyTango

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Probably depends on what kind of video you are making.. We record our videos with multiple cameras (up to 10), all taking short clips/shots from 10 seconds up to a minute or so.. Some of our videos will have over 1000 shots adding up to several hours of video that we then have to edit down, which can take up to 2 weeks.

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Probably depends on what kind of video you are making.. We record our videos with multiple cameras (up to 10), all taking short clips/shots from 10 seconds up to a minute or so.. Some of our videos will have over 1000 shots adding up to several hours of video that we then have to edit down, which can take up to 2 weeks.
Crazy! Sounds like some hard work! How do you deal with continuity being that there are so many cameras?
I just keep it running the entire time and then cut it down later on. I get rid of the non-edited videos later on after I'm done to save on space.
That seems like the better way to do it! Do you use a script or is your stuff improvised?
I just shoot the video, and does not edit the video at all, which some people might find annoying, and I know that the subs doesn´t grow when I do that. But it suits me fine, as long as people watch my channel, it doesn´t matter!
I think that works for you though because your videos don't seem to be all that long so I think that you can get away with that! :)

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Crazy! Sounds like some hard work! How do you deal with continuity being that there are so many cameras?

That seems like the better way to do it! Do you use a script or is your stuff improvised?

I think that works for you though because your videos don't seem to be all that long so I think that you can get away with that! :)
I jot down short phrases (more words than just bullet points) and work off those if I need them they're there, but sometimes I just go by what I remember and don't have to look back at them for a while. If I mess up, I just redo it from the beginning of the phrase.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
We time sync the cameras so continuity isn't an issue. Most of the cameras are filming the same thing at the same time (multi-cam/multi-angle) so that makes it even easier.

Steven&Cilla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I do daily vlogs so I record a lot of clips. But when I do film long segments I do cut out the boring dead tidbits.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always start/stopped. I would be gutted if I done a full vid only to find it crashed half way etc.