Figuring out my Niche

Textrus

Reaction score
Hello everyone. The channel that I have currently has been through quite a lot. I made the channel about a year ago, and decided to upload gaming videos. I found out that I don't really like to play video games, but I like to create and edit videos. I am having trouble finding out what I like to record/upload, so I came here hoping to find some help. Any suggestions on what I can do to find my niche?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just sit in front of a camera and talk, like dan and phil. or maybe make tutorials!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello everyone. The channel that I have currently has been through quite a lot. I made the channel about a year ago, and decided to upload gaming videos. I found out that I don't really like to play video games, but I like to create and edit videos. I am having trouble finding out what I like to record/upload, so I came here hoping to find some help. Any suggestions on what I can do to find my niche?

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Well it should be:

-something you're interested in
-something that is reasonably popular
-something that is isn't saturated.

Reactions: Painter

BrokenGames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you like that kind of creative freedom, you should maybe do vlogs, kinda like Casey Neistat. You'll start to find your own personal style, and your editing style will also set you apart from the rest of YouTube. It's a good way to creatively find yourself.

Devin Legaspi

Reaction score
Just watch a lot of youtube vid and the ones that spark your interest go for that genre

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sometimes you have to go through different types of content before you can figure out what you really like. We can give you all the suggestions in the world but at the end of the day, none of us really know your strengths or what your interests are. It's okay to struggle and not to do so well in certain kinds of content. We just have to keep experimenting to see what's right for us. I mean even big YouTubers change over time with their niches or how they approach content, so it's okay as small content creators to do that too.

Reactions: Textrus

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it is a case of not enjoying recording playing video games but like editing them, try editing your own trailers or creating montages trying out different techniques.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you naturally find your own niche. I have several channels covering different things and over the last few years ive found one that works for me and my audience. I didnt set out to do it but I eventually found the way.