Few important questions

Shlanga

Reaction score
Guys, maybe you can answer some of these for me please?

1. Is there a mouse that doesn't produce that clicking sound? My mic is picking it up.
2. How do you go about this by the way -- preventing mic from recording fan of your PC/laptop, keyboard and mouse clicks? How do you avoid all those unnecessary sounds?

3. What are you tricks for best way to sync audio and video? I've done it with Premiere, wasn't too bad, although I can't figure out if the result is 100% sync. How do you do it?
4. Also, after you've rendered and exported the video from Adobe (or Sony Vegas, or anything else), it still weights a lot -- what do you use to compress it? Or did I just miss something when exporting the video?

THANK YOU!

iSoCoooL

Entertaining The Masses
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't know the answers to all of them, but I do know that there is a free programme called Audacity that can eliminate background noise.

Also when you render a high quality video, the size is always going to be reasonably large. Compressing lowers the quality in my experience.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reactions: Shlanga

Execress

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your best bet is to get a headset which is noise cancelling, something like the plantronics gamecon 777 7.1 thx certified dolby digital surround sound headset, that is what I use and it works perfectly and doesnt pick up any sounds :D

Then you wont need a special mouse cause it doesnt pick up keyboard, mouse clicks etc.

Try using sony vegas for sound syncing, should work beter!

Once rendered put it through windows movie maker, the export it for high definition, still same quality but file size is reduced by about 1000% no exaggeration!

Hope this all helped :)

Reactions: Michael

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you're using Audacity, just select the sound of the click, then Edit->Remove Audio->Silence Audio to remove it. To remove noise in Audacity, select a small section of silence (only background noise), then select Effect->Noise Removal, then Get Noise Profile. Next, Select all of the audio and select Effect->Noise Removal, then Ok. The default values should work okay.

Jack Porter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Designer
For syncing the best thing to do is make a large sound (clapping hands) make sure you do it in front of the camera. Also try hitting the record buttons within the same time to making syncing a tad easier. How I do it for my bigger projects or client projects.

Shlanga

Reaction score
I have a Snowball and Turtle Beach headset, so buying another new headset doesn't make sense.

I don't think I can also remove every single click of the mouse as there are thousands of them when playing a game.

I wonder how other YouTube gamers do it... Any ideas how they might? On some of their vids you never hear a single mouse/keyboard click, and they use a USB mic on a stand most of the time. They also sync their vids to a tee... Need to find out how the hell are they doing this! It should be fairly easy once you get a hang of it.

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you are just doing a simple VO (Voice Over) this is what the pro's do.
  1. Encode your video without sound.
  2. Cut to DVD and play it on a large screen.
  3. Use a digital voice recorder and record your VO while watching your footage.
  4. On your editing program, import your footage and VO sound clip and match them up.
If you do this in a quiet room you'll get a good result.
Hope this helps