Feedback on new gaming channel

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Here's my assessment before I even click on a video:

CHANNEL ART
Why the "big city lakeside view" channel art? How does that communicate to new audiences "this is a gaming channel?" Is it simply because you're proud of your home city? Fair enough, but channel art is supposed to advertise to new viewers what your channel is all about. So unless the channel is dedicated to sucking your home city's spire, this channel art doesn't work.

THUMBNAILS & TITLES
1. Black text with a yellow outline is murder on the eyes. Maybe have yellow rectangles with black text inside them instead.

2. I have no idea what games your playing. The thumbnail doesn't tell me anything, and the title just repeatedly says "PUBG." Is that the game's initials? If so, maybe you should spell out the whole game title. Doing so would not only make it clearer what game you're playing, but would also better optimize the video's title for search. You may also consider adding the game's logo in the thumbnail somewhere.

Now, let's see what your video content has to offer.

VIDEO CONTENT
I checked out the first 30 seconds of this video:

Honestly, it's boring. There's hardly any music, barely any sound effects other than the sound of footsteps and, near the end of the first 30 seconds, the sound of an airplane. I feel like I'm listening to security camera footage. If the game has music, turn that music on. If not, put some music in the background in post-editing.

And where the hell is your commentary? Gaming channels are fun to watch because of the personalities of the people playing the game. Crack some jokes. Make some wisecracks. Make a few puns. Be silly. Be goofy. Make us laugh!

In fact, commentary is MANDATORY if you want your channel to become monetized! Youtube will demonetize any videos that they consider to be "repetitive," and they have explicitly listed unedited gameplay footage without substantial commentary as an example of such repetitious content that is unfit for monetization.

Reactions: KennyT

KennyT

Reaction score
i agree with the post above, i had to wait until i had a decent enough mic to start recording because i new it would not be that captivating just to have the Gameplay, remember people watch your channel because of you , you have to be the star, and not the game you are playing. If english is not your strong just talk in your native language.

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_2PC6AI1IgOcIzgfcC5YCw check the difference. although i don't have a lot of subs and views i think i'm on the right track.

Watch some more tutorial online and research more so you are more prepared for future videos, don't give up!