Feedback on my comedy sketch

Life of a Film maker

Hey what’s up everyone just released a comedy sketch yesterday and was wondering if I could get some feedback on what I could do better. I know off the bat I had some issues with the audio but I just bought a new rode mic so I should be better on that in the future. Any feedback is appreciated!

Okay so, I took a quick look at your sketch.

First of all, what was good?
- Love the camera quality, if I'm not mistaken you have made a big investment there
- The idea is good, although might be a bit overused
- There is good humor in there

What could be better?
- Keep the audio consistent when making those over shoulder shots when filming against the wooden "fence", it is disturbing to hear the background noise change every time you change angl
- When doing over shoulder shots, cut the audio before you cut the video, to make the transition more fluid. Check for example "Top 5 tips for filming dialogue" by FilmRiot
- The video loses interest towards the end because of the repetitiveness, keep this in mind. Think "How can I make this subsketch different"

Hope this was of use.

Th
Okay so, I took a quick look at your sketch.

First of all, what was good?
- Love the camera quality, if I'm not mistaken you have made a big investment there
- The idea is good, although might be a bit overused
- There is good humor in there

What could be better?
- Keep the audio consistent when making those over shoulder shots when filming against the wooden "fence", it is disturbing to hear the background noise change every time you change angl
- When doing over shoulder shots, cut the audio before you cut the video, to make the transition more fluid. Check for example "Top 5 tips for filming dialogue" by FilmRiot
- The video loses interest towards the end because of the repetitiveness, keep this in mind. Think "How can I make this subsketch different"

Hope this was of use.
Thanks for checking it out man, really appreciate the in depth review, exactly what i was looking for. But yea i agree 100% with you about the audio, trying to just continue to get better in all aspects.

Camera work woah! looks incredible! Script was funny! one of the coolest if not the coolest video ive seen on yttalk ya did it well

I do not feel like im in a position to be giving you any criticisms but if you wanted feedback the only thing I could say is the pacing was a bit slow at times. video could be a little bit shorter but this is just me nitpicking I really liked it

Th

Thanks for checking it out man, really appreciate the in depth review, exactly what i was looking for. But yea i agree 100% with you about the audio, trying to just continue to get better in all aspects.
Just keep going, you will get there! There are a lot of channels with more subs with a lot worse content, just keep making it and you will be seen

Camera work woah! looks incredible! Script was funny! one of the coolest if not the coolest video ive seen on yttalk ya did it well

I do not feel like im in a position to be giving you any criticisms but if you wanted feedback the only thing I could say is the pacing was a bit slow at times. video could be a little bit shorter but this is just me nitpicking I really liked it
i agree, i think it could've been a bit shorter but thanks so much for the feedback. Thats crazy you think its one of the coolest vids you've seen on here, appreciate that!

it was really good! i can't think of anything to critique with the sketch itself...
this probably isn't the kind of feedback you're looking for but the auto-captions were way off in a few parts so the joke was missed, maybe you could consider adding your own in the future?

Back