Feedback on latest video

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Received a few dislikes, just wanted some feedback of what they thought of the video? I put a lot of time into the graphics and editing and that's my unique selling point really.

theSashNik

Reaction score
Your editing is great! Your intro is also very nice! I love how your video is in clear HD! I think you packed a good amount of info without rambling, as well. Honestly, I think those who disliked were just haters; YouTube's full of 'em. I am surprised you don't have more subscribers, your content is great! Even though I am a small YouTuber, I'm just going to suggest you to keep working hard! Your content is great and I'm sure it will eventually receive recognition!

teameggplant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Great intro! Your graphics and editing look very professional! Plus your voice is very easy to listen to. I wouldn't worry about the dislikes, your content is really top notch

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your editing is great! Your intro is also very nice! I love how your video is in clear HD! I think you packed a good amount of info without rambling, as well. Honestly, I think those who disliked were just haters; YouTube's full of 'em. I am surprised you don't have more subscribers, your content is great! Even though I am a small YouTuber, I'm just going to suggest you to keep working hard! Your content is great and I'm sure it will eventually receive recognition!
Great intro! Your graphics and editing look very professional! Plus your voice is very easy to listen to. I wouldn't worry about the dislikes, your content is really top notch
Thanks, my subs are quite slow to grow but has increased in the last few weeks. Hopefully in the next 3 months I'll see and just keep working on keeping quality high until then :)

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would imagine the dislikes are about disagreeing with your choice of 7 best games, it's a great video. I imagine even those who disliked the video will still revisit.

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The editing is great! Also, british accents make everything more interesting. There is always going to be someone who is going to dislike, I feel like people do it to discourage you. So ignore it and keep your head up cause the video looks great to me.

hatlesschimp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think its good and well polished. Where did you get all the content from, ie videos?

I think one negative is your channel name is too generic. For me its like naming it "Computer Gamer" "Supermarket r us" "Toys r us" "Gamer Lounge" "lets Play". Also Maybe its just me, but when I saw the font I thought Blade Runner, Id say thats where you got your hate from. People dont like copying even if its something minor. I done something simliar with using cover version of Bohemian Rhapsody in my video and it offended people. :-(

I think another thing is you can be too clean and profesional looking for youtube and it turns some the other way too. Youtubes orginal roots were indie how to videos, some like the grunge and authentic feel. it keeps them on their feet watching for mistakes or things they shouldnt see etc. hard to discribe lol.

Anyways keep up the good work!

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would imagine the dislikes are about disagreeing with your choice of 7 best games, it's a great video. I imagine even those who disliked the video will still revisit.
Quite possibly that's the reason.

The editing is great! Also, british accents make everything more interesting. There is always going to be someone who is going to dislike, I feel like people do it to discourage you. So ignore it and keep your head up cause the video looks great to me.
Thanks! I still have to work on my voice work I think. I'm one of those people who hates hearing their own voice back, it never sounds how I want it to.

I think its good and well polished. Where did you get all the content from, ie videos?

I think one negative is your channel name is too generic. For me its like naming it "Computer Gamer" "Supermarket r us" "Toys r us" "Gamer Lounge" "lets Play". Also Maybe its just me, but when I saw the font I thought Blade Runner, Id say thats where you got your hate from. People dont like copying even if its something minor. I done something simliar with using cover version of Bohemian Rhapsody in my video and it offended people. :-(

I think another thing is you can be too clean and profesional looking for youtube and it turns some the other way too. Youtubes orginal roots were indie how to videos, some like the grunge and authentic feel. it keeps them on their feet watching for mistakes or things they shouldnt see etc. hard to discribe lol.

Anyways keep up the good work!
In this particularly video I use trailers however they're edited, for example removing all text sections.

I doubt at this point I'd change the name, the branding and identity is just too ingrained into my channel, who knows though in the future. That said I'm happy with the name, I wanted something simple and too the point. Huh, I've never actually seen the Blade Runner movies ever so certainly wasn't any copying involved, nor do I think the Gamer font is actually from Blade Runner.

I dunno about being too clean and professional, I see a lot of the big YouTubers nowadays creating more and more professional looking videos. I think the lack of professional look in the past wasn't necessarily a conscious choice by YouTubers but simply because that's all they could do if that makes sense? The graphics and editing is one of my unique selling points so I think reducing it could potentially damage my channel.

Reactions: hatlesschimp