FCP X updated...where'd the zoom slider go? D:

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So...I finally caved in and updated Final Cut Pro X to version 10.3... I literally can't find things anymore, especially the zoom slider that lets you zoom in and out of clips quickly.

Before the update, it was located here:
upload_2016-11-6_8-45-5.png

After the update, where did it go? :eek:
upload_2016-11-6_8-46-58.png

(the little magnifying glass is a search box, not a zoom slider.. :( ) I tried to Google, but I only get a bunch of old FCPX info and screenshots. x_x All I can find is people saying to use the magnifying glass and click to zoom in and out. That's super annoying, and the zoom slider has to still be here somewhere! :eek:

I also tend to be super blind and miss things when they are right in front of me...so perhaps this is another one of those cases. :p Any help would be greatly appreciated! ^_^

James Strange

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK I just figured out how to expand and contract clips in the timeline.
On top of the timeline on the right side you should see what looks like a piece of film strip. If you hover it should say Change appearance of clips in timeline. Click on that and it should open a window. Second blue line down should have a magnifying glass at each end. Slid it to zoom in and out.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
OK I just figured out how to expand and contract clips in the timeline.
On top of the timeline on the right side you should see what looks like a piece of film strip. If you hover it should say Change appearance of clips in timeline. Click on that and it should open a window. Second blue line down should have a magnifying glass at each end. Slid it to zoom in and out.
OhhH! There it is!! :eek: Thank you! ^_^ Kind of lame that the hid it away like that... I got used to using it, but I've also recently gotten used to using "command +" and "command -." I like their little slidy thing to make the video strip or audio bigger in the editing window! :eek: I dunno if it existed before in the other version, but it makes my life 100 times easier when I have to match up audio from my external microphone. ^^

James Strange

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am still on the fence also. But I get used to doing something one way that is how I want to do it. But after sing it a few more times I guess that I will like the update.