Fans are awesome!

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It IS cool when you start getting a fan base.
Here in Southern California we are small celebrities. Virtually any time we are out on the off-road trails someone will stop us to tell us they love our videos, etc. Two weeks ago a woman came running up to us yelling our name then threw her arms around me and begged to have someone take a photo of us in front of our Jeep (the Jeep is the real celebrity, not 'me')..
Yah.. it's cool.. Makes it hard to get my head in and out of the door though because it's getting so big!

Reactions: adams eats

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We love our fans, although it does make me uncomfortable when they say stuff like "I love you". I prefer to hear "I love your videos!"

Reactions: XXLRay

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have one specific fan of mine who is DIE-HARD. They DMed me on Twitter and let me know how much they liked my content and were a fan and I replied without thinking it'd really mean anything. Well a moment later I creeped on their Twitter and saw that they tweeted about how they were freaking out over the fact I responded. I was like honestly so surprised, humbled, and touched all at the same time. They like ALL my Tweets. Comment on EVERY video. We once ran into each other in a specific persons Livestream and they freaked out I was in there and started quoting a specific video of mine in the chat that they loved. And recently they made a fan account on YouTube specifically to me.

Like this specific person will never know how much I truly appreciate them and sometimes it feels like the only reason I'm still making content is because this specific person shows so much support.

Just having one person like that, especially for a smaller creator (229 subs) like me, it means the world and more.
Thats brilliant![DOUBLEPOST=1495061932,1495061699][/DOUBLEPOST]
We love our fans, although it does make me uncomfortable when they say stuff like "I love you". I prefer to hear "I love your videos!"
I had a couple of female fans say that to me once. Didn't know what to say haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1495062004][/DOUBLEPOST]
It IS cool when you start getting a fan base.
Here in Southern California we are small celebrities. Virtually any time we are out on the off-road trails someone will stop us to tell us they love our videos, etc. Two weeks ago a woman came running up to us yelling our name then threw her arms around me and begged to have someone take a photo of us in front of our Jeep (the Jeep is the real celebrity, not 'me')..
Yah.. it's cool.. Makes it hard to get my head in and out of the door though because it's getting so big!
Remember where you came from ok. You're still jenny from the block

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I was so excited the first time I posted a video and immediately got responses. I was tearing up a bit because I felt like I was going to make a difference and change lives. Then I realized they were spam! lol

Congrats on building your fan base! I hope to follow in your footsteps. I just relaunched my channel though, so I have a whole 10 fans! lol

Reactions: adams eats

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was so excited the first time I posted a video and immediately got responses. I was tearing up a bit because I felt like I was going to make a difference and change lives. Then I realized they were spam! lol

I'm lucky in that I don't get much spam. Occasionally someone tries their luck, then they get blocked lol. Good luck pal, you'll get there ☺

Congrats on building your fan base! I hope to follow in your footsteps. I just relaunched my channel though, so I have a whole 10 fans! lol

Krounzakuk

Reaction score
Just think of it as the same thing. They wouldnt "love you" if it werent for your videos right?

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
congratulations adams eats, unfortunately i don't have anyone really interacting with me yet so i can't answer your question there.

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Fans are amazing and a joy to have around. Just make sure you have them at a safe distance unless you know them pretty well. I've had more than one person get a little too close to me when I'm not prepared to deal with them in such close proximity and barrage me with questions, shoutout requests, and then get mad at me because I didn't answer them immediately, especially when they're under the age of 13 and don't understand what privacy is.

I can deal with trolls. I can deal with haters. But an uncontrolled fan is another story. That's why I've set up a formal contact method instead of just accepting friend requests on Discord from people I don't know. In Hollywood, whenever a celebrity walks out of a car and into a studio, there's a red carpet and some fancy barriers. They exist for a reason.

Again, true fans are wonderful when you know how to handle them (and don't take them for granted because they will stand by you even when no one else will. If you have fans at all, consider yourself honored and blessed) Just don't let them get so close that they start spilling over into your personal or private life. That's when they become dangerous, as well-meaning as they are. I wish I could word it differently, but that is the truth because I've lived it. It's stuff celebrities don't like talking about too much because it's a touchy subject. I'm friends with a celebrity and she will quickly agree with this very point.

If you happen to be fan of someone, this is also very helpful in understanding the elusive nature of the celebrity. They have to be just to be safe. It's a scary life sometimes and comes with tremendous responsibility including all kinds of pressures to deal with every day. Eminem once said this:

"Trust is hard to come by. That's why my circle is small and tight."

You don't have to be a Markiplier or a Pewdiepie to learn how true this is. I'm having to put controls in place for when people outside my circle want to see me and I don't even have 1000 subscribers yet. The need came sooner than I was prepared for.

This was a very long post and I probably could have trimmed it down a bit but this is something I felt needed to be shared, since we're talking about fans.

Reactions: Lekjih

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Fans are amazing and a joy to have around. Just make sure you have them at a safe distance unless you know them pretty well. I've had more than one person get a little too close to me when I'm not prepared to deal with them in such close proximity and barrage me with questions, shoutout requests, and then get mad at me because I didn't answer them immediately, especially when they're under the age of 13 and don't understand what privacy is.

I can deal with trolls. I can deal with haters. But an uncontrolled fan is another story. That's why I've set up a formal contact method instead of just accepting friend requests on Discord from people I don't know. In Hollywood, whenever a celebrity walks out of a car and into a studio, there's a red carpet and some fancy barriers. They exist for a reason.

Again, true fans are wonderful when you know how to handle them (and don't take them for granted because they will stand by you even when no one else will. If you have fans at all, consider yourself honored and blessed) Just don't let them get so close that they start spilling over into your personal or private life. That's when they become dangerous, as well-meaning as they are. I wish I could word it differently, but that is the truth because I've lived it. It's stuff celebrities don't like talking about too much because it's a touchy subject. I'm friends with a celebrity and she will quickly agree with this very point.

If you happen to be fan of someone, this is also very helpful in understanding the elusive nature of the celebrity. They have to be just to be safe. It's a scary life sometimes and comes with tremendous responsibility including all kinds of pressures to deal with every day. Eminem once said this:

"Trust is hard to come by. That's why my circle is small and tight."

You don't have to be a Markiplier or a Pewdiepie to learn how true this is. I'm having to put controls in place for when people outside my circle want to see me and I don't even have 1000 subscribers yet. The need came sooner than I was prepared for.

This was a very long post and I probably could have trimmed it down a bit but this is something I felt needed to be shared, since we're talking about fans.
Lucikly I haven't cone across anything like that yet. I have a slight worry that because I'm too nice, that someone may take advantage of that, but I guess I'd have to deal with that if it ever came up.

Reactions: Sibernethy