Family friendly

Wookiees

Pewdiepie said that by putting family friendly as a tag he earns 5 times more with this video than the other ones.

Can someone try it to know if it's was a coincidence ?

Last edited:
I believe the tag is a way to find your relevant tag-content within the search engine. So i think it is useless to add "family friendly" tag on a video that speaks about something else. Moreover, if he put the "family friendly" tag on a "non-family friendly" video, this might be considered as he is trying to game the system which is against YouTube TOS unless it is acknowledged by YouTube.

Yeah you may get more views but if i put it as mine it would be quite bad because my content is violent and i swear quite a lot :')

Why does people frequently asking about "family friendly" ?!!!
YouTube has introduced something called "Advertisers friendly". So are they the same ?

Why does people frequently asking about "family friendly" ?!!!
YouTube has introduced something called "Advertisers friendly". So are they the same ?
Maybe if they are not the same, they happen to overlap a lot. Advertiser friendly content doesn't contain what is considered not family friendly, so in this interpretation terms are almost interchangable.

Maybe if they are not the same, they happen to overlap a lot. Advertiser friendly content doesn't contain what is considered not family friendly, so in this interpretation terms are almost interchangeable.

I see. so they are almost the same unless if there is some sort of fields that may considered as "Advertisers friendly" content but is not considered as "family friendly". Do you think that this kind of content actually exists ?

Okay, I will ask again, since no one answered. What is considered Family Friendly? Would youtube consider a channel that contains content similar to the Duck Dynasty show, Family Friendly?

It's just that I see a ton of talk about ambiguous TERMS, but no one seems to know the Definitions of those terms.

Okay, I will ask again since no one answered... It's just that I see a ton of talk about ambiguous TERMS, but no one seems to know the Definitions of those terms.

No one has answered, because no one knows. YouTube purposefully uses vague, generalized terms to allow themselves leeway when it comes to making decisions about what is and isn't acceptable. They say things like "excessive profanity" isn't allowed. Well, what does that mean? Who judges what is and isn't "excessive?" Does that mean just one swear word, if it's the F-bomb? Does that mean 4 swear words if it's something more benign? Who's to say?

Same goes for violence. What's "excessive?" Does a Let's Play video of a first person shooter video game count as "excessive violence" when 20 people were shot on-screen in a bloody massacre? Who's to say. YouTube's lawyers purposefully wrote the rules to be as vague as possible to allow the company the most flexibility of using their ban hammer.

As for content "like Duck Dynasty" being okay? Again, who's to say. The real Duck Dynasty had most of their advertisers pull out of their show in real life, not even on YouTube. So, there's that...

Back