Family Friendly Channel

Should My Banner Have A Family Friendly Icon or Badge ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi, my channel is a gaming channel but one that is family friendly, by this I mean that there is no swearing, minimal violence (i.e cartoon, non graphic) and no sexual content.

The reason I have taken this approach is that as a parent I find it difficult to find channels for my kids that they can watch without vetting them for myself first.

Do you think that on my banner is should have a 'Family Friendly' badge or icon in the hope that it helps people to make an informed choice as to whether their kids can watch?

I have added a poll to this for you too vote, thanks in advance for your support.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Haven´t you introduced yourself before? I remember That I might have replied to that!
But Where are you from? How old are you? What made you go into youtube? What do you do besides youtube?
I think you might have introduced yourself before!

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
You sure should do something among those lines yes! I would even incorporate it in titles, descriptions, thumbnails and so on. It's what sets you apart from the rest.

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Put some text in that gives the viewers attention like for example I love kids or healthy for children. I also like the suggestions above my reply

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Haven´t you introduced yourself before? I remember That I might have replied to that!
But Where are you from? How old are you? What made you go into youtube? What do you do besides youtube?
I think you might have introduced yourself before!
I have indeed introduced myself before, but this post isn't a second introduction merely a reach out for advice, but as you asked the answers to your questions are as follows

1 - UK (Warwickshire)
2 - 40 something
3 - Love gaming so wanted to share it with the world
4 - Spend time with my kids when not working and gaming.

You sure should do something among those lines yes! I would even incorporate it in titles, descriptions, thumbnails and so on. It's what sets you apart from the rest.
Thanks for the feedback that's what I was hoping for to set me apart from the rest as I don't think anyone else does this.

Put some text in that gives the viewers attention like for example I love kids or healthy for children. I also like the suggestions above my reply
Good ideas, thanks.

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have indeed introduced myself before, but this post isn't a second introduction merely a reach out for advice, but as you asked the answers to your questions are as follows

1 - UK (Warwickshire)
2 - 40 something
3 - Love gaming so wanted to share it with the world
4 - Spend time with my kids when not working and gaming.

Thanks for the feedback that's what I was hoping for to set me apart from the rest as I don't think anyone else does this.

Good ideas, thanks.
I thought so, and I realised too late that this was´t in the introduction page, my bad!

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it has two sides. If you add to your page/banner/titles that you are family friendly, this will indeed help parents determine if the channel is safe. However, it can also scare away children who are browsing without parent supervision. I think you can imagine young and teenage boys who come across your channel who think; 'Family friendly? Pfff, I'm not a child anymore!' and click away. So it kinda depends on what the demographics of your target audience is. If you are targeting children/ young adults between 10 and 20, you might want to reconsider. However, if you are targeting parent (with (young) children) and 30+ adults, it might work in your favor.

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it has two sides. If you add to your page/banner/titles that you are family friendly, this will indeed help parents determine if the channel is safe. However, it can also scare away children who are browsing without parent supervision. I think you can imagine young and teenage boys who come across your channel who think; 'Family friendly? Pfff, I'm not a child anymore!' and click away. So it kinda depends on what the demographics of your target audience is. If you are targeting children/ young adults between 10 and 20, you might want to reconsider. However, if you are targeting parent (with (young) children) and 30+ adults, it might work in your favor.
That's a very good point that I hadn't even considered, Thank you.

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Dutchie certainly has a point, family friendly channels have a different audience then most gaming channels. However, your channel is already family friendly right? It's not like you are going to start making it family friendly right now. So that means that kids that are looking for violent games are going to tune out anyways because they don't relate to your content. Not promoting that you are family friendly is not going to make them suddenly love a Planet Coaster video if they are looking for the new Wolfenstein game. There is no real loss there for you to promote being family friendly.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
So that means that kids that are looking for violent games are going to tune out anyways because they don't relate to your content.
But that is not the whole demographic of 10 to 20 year old boys ;) Even if they are looking for a Sims video, children might reconsider watching your video if it says 'family friendly' in the title, just because they connect 'family friendly' to 'things for (young) children'. It's all about their frame of reference.