False Copyright Claims

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Well almost everything i upload has my face in it so this has never happened to me BUT
i was watching my favorite scene from 50/50:
8a8fa9e02603d9ce8fe854a51cefc4d8.png

now....which part of this movie is from the hunger games?

The video is claimed by Lionsgate.
The production company for 50/50 is Mandate Pictures who is a subsidiary of Lionsgate.

Not sure what's going on below but it doesn't seem false as it looks like they have full rights to claim it.
Since Lionsgate is also the licensed distributor for The Hunger Games I am going to put a guess on that they just accidentally named one of their 50/50 assets (source material for claims) as the wrong thing.

I just got a false copyright claim on my video.......
It is nothing serious...

I was using this music 'I dunno by grapes' under the Creative Commons license
and this claim comes up on my vid by routenotes - Maggs and Trish rose

When i research about it.....it turns out that this problem has occurred for many people.....

The thing is ............Grapes owns all the rights to the music, and he says he has proved it to YouTube, but this Routenotes company has stolen his music and put a little vocal over it....it doesnt have any rights to the song either.......
it just puts out copyright claims even though it doesnt own the rights to the song......

People have said that when they dispute the claim,,,,routenotes drops the claim............
So i also did that a few hours ago...they say routenotes usually drops the claim within 1-2 days.....
so i am waiting...............:banghead:

There should be a law against giving out fake Copyright claims......
I think giving out fake copyright claims should ban their own account instead......[DOUBLEPOST=1408727728,1408665685][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE:
Ijust got this mail from YouTube

"Hi TopTenStop,

Good news! Your dispute wasn’t reviewed within 30 days, so the copyright claim on your YouTube video has now been released by routenote.

Video title: "Top Ten Dumb Twitter Tweets - TA5 TopTenStop"
- The YouTube Team"

It is strange because i disputed the video just yesterday.................:eek:
The claimant probably released the claim himself:bounce:

Either way! Victory!!!!!!!!!!!1

Back