False Community Guidelines Strike

Shirrako

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been making gaming videos for over a year now, I usually upload let's plays of certain video games and other video game related videos.

I was uploading a let's play of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare's Campaign and i received 2 Community Guideline strikes from YouTube for part 1 and part 2 of the campaign.

Other YouTubers have uploaded the campaign with no trouble yet i get flagged and suspended for no reason, I checked the Terms of Service and the videos did not violate any YouTube rules, I've uploaded similar first person shooter games such as Destiny with absolutely no trouble at all.

I appealed the strikes over 48hrs ago and got no response from YouTube at all so far, I can't access my account because it's suspended for 2 weeks, I'm certain that there was a mistake made within the flagging system.

I contacted Activision about this issue and they said they did not apply any policy that blocks COD AW Campaign videos, so they said I have to contact YouTube since Activision is not responsible for this.

I don't know what to do now, YouTube never replies to emails.

YouTube: Shirrako
Video Links: -r_LADQ2HqM & zbKtflDK11s
http://youtu.be/-r_LADQ2HqM

Thanks for your time guys!

JTMulcahy

Actor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Animator
I'm sorry to hear about that, I hope everything works out for you in the end. Honestly, I would just work on creating more content right now and wait for YouTube to reply to your e-mail. For something this important I'm sure they'll reply, it may take a few days, but they'll get back with you. Just don't focus too much on it at the moment and focus on having content ready to upload when your channel is back up again. :)

konisbored

YTtalk's Anti-Boredom Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

I have been making gaming videos for over a year now, I usually upload let's plays of certain video games and other video game related videos.

I was uploading a let's play of Call of Duty Advanced Warfare's Campaign and i received 2 Community Guideline strikes from YouTube for part 1 and part 2 of the campaign.

Other YouTubers have uploaded the campaign with no trouble yet i get flagged and suspended for no reason, I checked the Terms of Service and the videos did not violate any YouTube rules, I've uploaded similar first person shooter games such as Destiny with absolutely no trouble at all.

I appealed the strikes over 48hrs ago and got no response from YouTube at all so far, I can't access my account because it's suspended for 2 weeks, I'm certain that there was a mistake made within the flagging system.

I contacted Activision about this issue and they said they did not apply any policy that blocks COD AW Campaign videos, so they said I have to contact YouTube since Activision is not responsible for this.

I don't know what to do now, YouTube never replies to emails.

YouTube: Shirrako
Video Links: -r_LADQ2HqM & zbKtflDK11s

Thanks for your time guys!
The game is recent, maybe it got flagged because of cutscenes or something?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My bet is that it is your descriptions:

Code:
Lords of The Fallen walkthrough part 1
Lords of The Fallen walkthrough part 15
Lords of The Fallen ps4 xbox one pc

Lords of The Fallen is here! The dark action RPG is very appealing to Dark Souls fans, the game has some amazing boss fights and interesting characters, experience darkness with me!

Lords of The Fallen walkthrough for everyone
PS4 Walkthrough of Lords of The Fallen
Lords of The Fallen Bosses
Lords of The Fallen Boss Fight
Lords of The Fallen Guide
Lords of The Fallen Wiki
Lords of The Fallen OST
Lords of The Fallen Fast Level up
Lords of The Fallen Trophy Guide & Roadmap
Lords of The Fallen Soundtrack
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough
Lords of The Fallen All Cutscenes
Lords of The Fallen Full Movie
Lords of The Fallen Part 1 Gameplay Let's Play Playthrough
Lords of The Fallen
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough - Part 1 Gameplay Lets Play Playthrough
Lords of The Fallen Let's Play Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Playthrough Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Gameplay Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1, today
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1, this month
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough 1
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough, today
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough, this week
Lords of The Fallen Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Part 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc
"Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1" No Commentary
Lords of The Fallen - Walkthrough
"Lords of The Fallen - Walkthrough"
"Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1"
"Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough"
"Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1 No Commentary"
"Lords of The Fallen Let's Play Part 1"
"Lords of The Fallen Playthrough Part 1"
"Lords of The Fallen Part 1"
"Lords of The Fallen gameplay"
"Lords of The Fallen Ending
"Lords of The Fallen Final Boss"
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Walkthgough Part 1, today
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1, this week
"Lords of The Fallen walkthrough"

Having lists of keywords or tags like that in your description is against the TOS.

Misleading metadata
Metadata refers to any and all additional information provided on a video. This includes the title, description, tags, annotations, and thumbnail. The reason we have metadata is so that you can add additional contextual information to your videos. Please do not use these features to game or trick our search algorithms. All metadata should be representative of the content contained in your video. Among other things, metadata added in an attempt to game search algorithms will lead to the removal of your video and a strike against your account.

Please select a reasonable number of tags that most closely reflect your video content. Please also only add tags to the tag section of your metadata. Adding additional tags to the description of your video may constitute spam and can result in the removal of your video.
Source:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en

Shirrako

Reaction score
My bet is that it is your descriptions:

Code:
Lords of The Fallen walkthrough part 1
Lords of The Fallen walkthrough part 15
Lords of The Fallen ps4 xbox one pc

Lords of The Fallen is here! The dark action RPG is very appealing to Dark Souls fans, the game has some amazing boss fights and interesting characters, experience darkness with me!

Lords of The Fallen walkthrough for everyone
PS4 Walkthrough of Lords of The Fallen
Lords of The Fallen Bosses
Lords of The Fallen Boss Fight
Lords of The Fallen Guide
Lords of The Fallen Wiki
Lords of The Fallen OST
Lords of The Fallen Fast Level up
Lords of The Fallen Trophy Guide & Roadmap
Lords of The Fallen Soundtrack
Lords of The Fallen All Cutscenes
Lords of The Fallen Full Movie
Lords of The Fallen Part 1 Gameplay Let's Play Playthrough
Lords of The Fallen
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough - Part 1 Gameplay Lets Play Playthrough
Lords of The Fallen Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1, today
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1, this month
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough 1
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough, today
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough, this week
Lords of The Fallen Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Part 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc
"Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1" No Commentary
Lords of The Fallen - Walkthrough
"Lords of The Fallen - Walkthrough"
"Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough"
"Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1 No Commentary"
"Lords of The Fallen Let's Play Part 1"
"Lords of The Fallen Playthrough Part 1"
"Lords of The Fallen Part 1"
"Lords of The Fallen gameplay"
"Lords of The Fallen Ending
"Lords of The Fallen Final Boss"
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1
Lords of The Fallen Walkthgough Part 1, today
Lords of The Fallen Walkthrough Part 1, this week
"Lords of The Fallen walkthrough"

Having lists of keywords or tags like that in your description is against the TOS.

Source:
That would be incorrect, those description are extra tags which have been used by YouTube creators from all around the world for years now, I have been using the same descriptions for other games with just the difference being the game's name, So that wouldn't make sense, it would make sense if all the other videos got flagged and not just the Call of Duty ones.

@konisbored I thought of that aswell, however other YouTubers have uploaded the cutscenes so that can't be it.

konisbored

YTtalk's Anti-Boredom Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That would be incorrect, those description are extra tags which have been used by YouTube creators from all around the world for years now, I have been using the same descriptions for other games with just the difference being the game's name, So that wouldn't make sense, it would make sense if all the other videos got flagged and not just the Call of Duty ones.

@konisbored I thought of that aswell, however other YouTubers have uploaded the cutscenes so that can't be it.
No Youtube is actively taking down videos with those excessive tags in the descriptions since early this year. Maybe you got unlucky?

Shirrako

Reaction score
No Youtube is actively taking down videos with those excessive tags in the descriptions since early this year. Maybe you got unlucky?
The description could make sense, kind of, but then again it would be quite foolish to get my account suspended because of descriptions, can't they just give me 1 warning strike and be like "it's your description, fix it " instead they just leave you scratching your head, some of the worst support from staff I've ever seen :/

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

It is in the TOS, there are many creators gaming the system (many at YTtalk too) by sticking lists of tags in their descriptions and its only a matter of time before they get their comeuppance. From what I can tell channels using that technique are gaining a very unfair advantage over channels who do not do it and its rather annoying to see it happening especially how it appears that YouTube may be turning a blind eye when the larger channels do it.

It isnt SEO, it is keyword stuffing and Google penalises websites that do the same thing.

Reactions: WolfWraith and Kath

Shirrako

Reaction score
It is in the TOS, there are many creators gaming the system (many at YTtalk too) by sticking lists of tags in their descriptions and its only a matter of time before they get their comeuppance. From what I can tell channels using that technique are gaining a very unfair advantage over channels who do not do it and its rather annoying to see it happening especially how it appears that YouTube may be turning a blind eye when the larger channels do it.

It isnt SEO, it is keyword stuffing and Google penalises websites that do the same thing.
Thanks for the information, but how do i get rid of the strikes since I know what may be the problem now?

I appealed the strikes but i'm not sure if that will fix the issue, They won't let me edit the description or anything until the 2 weeks suspension is gone.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the information, but how do i get rid of the strikes since I know what may be the problem now?

I appealed the strikes but i'm not sure if that will fix the issue, They won't let me edit the description or anything until the 2 weeks suspension is gone.
Unfortunately I cannot help with that as I have never had one lol just many claims from AdRev :D