Fair use

Sotnas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi there.

On my channel i review funny & popular videos with a little bit of comedy, can i use the videos under Fair Use or will i get in trouble with copyright claims?

Thanks.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Fair use can only be decided in a court...so, unless you're willing to pay for a lawyer and go to trial, expect copyright claims.

If you were to strictly review and not actually show their footage (or only used stills), you would have far less issues.

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on the video you're using, the OP can choose whether they want people being able to use their video or not in the upload settings.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You can probably use them under Fair Use, but like has been stated, it can only ever officially be determined in court. Even if it was the clearest example of Fair Use, however, that does nothing to prevent copyright claims.

Reaction score
Hi there.

On my channel i review funny & popular videos with a little bit of comedy, can i use the videos under Fair Use or will i get in trouble with copyright claims?

Thanks.
Here's how it goes simply.

>Post the vid where you commentate or back and forth with said video. Keep each clip of it under 20 sec before you respond.
>if it gets content ID'ed (usually won't to be fair) dispute it under fair use
>worst that happens (generally) is they can say nope all mine and take ur cash you would make from it. The whole "Copyright Strike" thing really is a lot rarer now. It's more about keep the vid up and steal your cash.

At that point, delete/reupload try again.