Facecam (yes or no?)

Record it separately using whatever software you're using for webcam,windows movie maker can record it too,and then edit everything with editing software. It's not hard at all.
Edit: Of course,you need to record everything at the same time.

Record it separately using whatever software you're using for webcam,windows movie maker can record it too,and then edit everything with editing software. It's not hard at all.
Edit: Of course,you need to record everything at the same time.
And have a better editing program than the free one for windows.

I find face cams to be distracting. The most important thing to do when having a gaming channel is to be entertaining. I would say yes to a face cam for horror games no to everything else.

Imo, that decision isn't based on how big your channel... is based on ups and the downs:

Ups:
people get to see you, and laugh if you're funny and energetic.
people start to feel like they're your friend, as a result you grow faster.
if you're not funny but can be "MADE FUN OF" for what ever reasons I wont waste my time writing... Then people would share your channel and make fun of you all over the internet and you will still grow and maybe make a ton of $ BUT in a negative way lol

Downs:
gets in the way of gameplay.
if you're not funny and are boring, people will hate you and stay away.

this guy has hit the nail on the head, the whole point of the face-cam isn't necessary to gaming but depending on the genre it can be a massive boost. I won't watch people who face-cam black ops or fps as there is little point (in my opinion) and there's little original commentary you could even do for them (" I just shot that guy and he totally/totally didn't die" -repeat ad nauseum)

However in the cons section there are remedies to both:

Gets in the way of gameplay - use a opacity slider so that you are semi-transparent, this way you are still clearly visible but you don't block the corner you're using up. Another solution is to really look at the game layout and see if there is an area you can cover without people really caring.

If you aren't funny - matter of perspective to start with, however make executive cuts on your plays and take out any prolonged silences, people generally won't mind if you're jumping ahead a little each time it dies down as this will keep the energy of the vid at a constant.

Hope this helps!

I think that this really makes connection beetween you and your viewers. I'm using webcam only on my livestream though.

Well today I made my first facecam video,and I have to say I got more views on that video in one day,than almost all of my videos combined. I plan to keep on making them with a facecam since I do play mainly horror games and reactions are something that makes a diffrence in that genre. :happy:

Back