Facecam (yes or no?)

Hatterrific

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So,I have a gaming youtube channel,and I'm looking for advice about facecam. Channel itself isn't big,it's completely oposite,only one subscriber and about 300 views,and my question is : should I put a facecam gameplay this early on or do I wait for a channel to become a little bigger and then go with it?

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Well, how's your face? :eeks:

In seriousness though, I think your channel size doesn't matter, it's ultimately what you want to, and feel comfortable, doing. That said, the facecam is pretty favored for horror games, since it connects the audience that much more to your reactions and emotions. Not to mention it's hilarious to watch people freak out! :D

Oscar (CPS) Feliz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Imo, that decision isn't based on how big your channel... is based on ups and the downs:

Ups:
people get to see you, and laugh if you're funny and energetic.
people start to feel like they're your friend, as a result you grow faster.
if you're not funny but can be "MADE FUN OF" for what ever reasons I wont waste my time writing... Then people would share your channel and make fun of you all over the internet and you will still grow and maybe make a ton of $ BUT in a negative way lol

Downs:
gets in the way of gameplay.
if you're not funny and are boring, people will hate you and stay away.

Reactions: Hatterrific

OfficiallyTiiX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm pretty much at the same level of fame as you and this is something i've been pondering over to. In my opinion, this isn't really something people should decide for you, but instead something you should feel that you want to do because if you don't feel like using facecam, the people that subscribe to you should accept that.

Reactions: Hatterrific

Frassmiles

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have facecam in most of my video game plays and I believe that gives me a personal connection between me and my viewers.

It's pretty good for horror gameplays as they're able to see my face reactions.

However, it's up to you man :)

Hatterrific

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm pretty much at the same level of fame as you and this is something i've been pondering over to. In my opinion, this isn't really something people should decide for you, but instead something you should feel that you want to do because if you don't feel like using facecam, the people that subscribe to you should accept that.
First of all,thanks for the answers.
Yea,I know it's up to me,and I'm comfortable with using it,not shy or anything like that,but somehow I feel that facecam would bring those emotions into the video. I played Amnesia and Slender and got scared ******** few times,maybe it would be funny to show my reactions to people too. Dunno,thats why I asked for an advice in the first place. :happy:

OfficiallyTiiX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all,thanks for the answers.
Yea,I know it's up to me,and I'm comfortable with using it,not shy or anything like that,but somehow I feel that facecam would bring those emotions into the video. I played Amnesia and Slender and got scared ******** few times,maybe it would be funny to show my reactions to people too. Dunno,thats why I asked for an advice in the first place. :happy:
I'd say that if you're comfortable with it, which you say you are, go for it! Also, i wrote this as a comment on one of your videos to but, you might want to try to fix the volume on your microphone because it's a bit low.

Hatterrific

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah,I know about the mic,the video that you commented on was recorded using integrated mic in laptop,for some reason my external mic stopped working but I'm working on fixing it. Thanks for the advice. ^^

GamerKeebzy

A Wild Keebzy Appears!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
i've used it for horrors before but that's really the only game genre i would use facecam for since it's the only genre where people reeally want to see your reactions :D