Facecam on gaming channel yes or no

Teknickel 10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
T
The scene is so competitive you have to get every edge you can to get ahead... Facecam definitely adds value
^This. The saturation of gaming videos with commentary is crazy. Your face is your brand.

Facial expressions, hand gestures, and overall bpdy language can really sell your comedy/commemtary and may actually help ppl connect with you and your channel.

I personally feel like I have a connection with YouTubers who show their face compared to having a connection with their "gameplay" on videos with no face.

An example is I feel like i actually like the Cowchop crew "as people" due to their on camerea presence compared to not really having that same "it would be cool to hang out with them feeling" for a channel like Vanoss Gaming where he has no cam and just good gameplay.

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

DonHazeon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
T

^This. The saturation of gaming videos with commentary is crazy. Your face is your brand.

Facial expressions, hand gestures, and overall bpdy language can really sell your comedy/commemtary and may actually help ppl connect with you and your channel.

I personally feel like I have a connection with YouTubers who show their face compared to having a connection with their "gameplay" on videos with no face.

An example is I feel like i actually like the Cowchop crew "as people" due to their on camerea presence compared to not really having that same "it would be cool to hang out with them feeling" for a channel like Vanoss Gaming where he has no cam and just good gameplay.

Yes I have the same thing! I'm trying it with a facecam right now! When I watch other gaming channels on YouTube almost anyone has a facecam on!
The only ones that don't who I tend to watch often is neebs gaming!

But I definitely have to agree with you on the whole brand thing and the expressions and hand gestures and what not. Just to give the audience a view from "hey I'm playing a game with this dude" or "it feels like I'm in the same room watching him play and we're hanging out. "