Facecam...necessary or depends?

Webcam Important

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • depends on game. If so comment what types of games.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just curious to hear your thoughts. How important is it for the video you're watching to include facecam?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's not important, or to be more precise it's an instant turn off for me. When I come to watch a gameplay video I am interested in the game, not on some person's face that happens to be playing the game.

Reactions: Kaytonix

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It all depends on the type of video...I don't see the need for a tutorial video to have a facecam.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you don't need a face-cam for your type of videos. only if your streaming on twitch. It would defiantly be nice though, to see your reactions. I don't mind those type of things.

Kaytonix

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone always includes one now a days so it's interesting to see some don't care or prefer it without!

JDOG2017

Reaction score
In my opinion i always like seeing face cams since they add a little bit extra to the video and makes it more enjoyable to watch since i get to see the youtubers reactions.

Will Latimer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Facecam is mainly used to capture a reaction for example if you're playing a horror game it is 100 times better with a facecam because you can see the reaction, It isn't necessary but i think a majority prefer it

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally I think it ads a personal element to the video, and as such I am in favor of face cams. Especially if you are an animated person, with lots of quirks and facial expressions.

3rdepsilon

Reaction score
facecam isn't needed but helps gain trust and builds a better connection with an audience

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I implemented a facecam into my videos for a few weeks this summer to try it out and had mixed feedback from viewers. Some really liked it and others were annoyed it was blocking part of the screen. (I put it in the least invasive spot usually though). Anyways I stopped using it for most my gaming videos, but still would bring it back for videos where I thought the audience wanted to see my reaction or special clips. It's not a bad idea to build your "personality", but it is possible they may not like it as well.