Facecam Manipulation!

Stockhouse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What's going on everyone, Stockhouse here with a question about manipulating the facecam in videos. I understand in order to do this I would have to record gameplay on one program and the webcam on another. Can anyone tell me specifically how this is done and with what programs it is done on? I'd like to be able to add something extra to my videos by making my facecam jump around when appropriate in the editing program I have. Thanks for any tips in advance and have a wonderful day everyone!

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Most webcams come with a program to record them. Some recording programs lets you record your facecam and gameplay at the same time.

Otherwise, you can just crop and move the video in your editing program.

Sorry if that didn't answer your question properly. I wasn't sure exactly what you wanted to know.

Stockhouse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In some of PewDiePie's videos his facecam will jump around the screen or change in size and the only way to do this would be to do like a video over video but I'm not sure of the best way of going about that. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question though haha I'll try to be more specific in my posts.

Stockhouse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use premiere elements 14, what about you?

Dino

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Premiere Pro here. I'd recommend looking into keyframing in that specific program. Should be tutorials online for it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can't speak for Pewdiepie, but I personally use my GoPro to record Facecams then add them into Premier Pro on their own track. This allows you to edit it however you see fit. And would be much less time intensive than attempting to move the facecam after the fact.

That being said. If you are stuck with messing with the facecam after it has been recorded onto the same video track as your gameplay. You could always duplicate the track of the recording overtop your first. Then crop the track so that only the facecam is visible. This would allow you to move the facecam footage around independently from the gameplay. However on the first track there will still be the facecam footage.

Fusenbusen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use Logitech webcam software to record my facecam which is a Logictech C615 and then I record all my gameplay with bandicam which you will have to pay for. Its fairly easy to modify your facecam videos in most video editors I use Filmora since I cannot afford to pay for premiere pro

everill

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
after effects would work for you i cant link a tutorial but it has a timeline and all