Facebook views?

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just read where someone said that Facebook views might not give you your Youtube views. Ugh! Is that true? What if I use the share button on Youtube, is that the same? What is everyone else doing?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
To clear up what i said - Facebook views count as facebook views they do not exactly equate to youtube views meaning you will likely get screwed a lot if you post on facebook often with bascially all your content.

We post our videos to steam, Tumblr & Reddit mainly wherever it's relivent we also tweet with the necessary #'s

Reactions: Sydney Lee

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks I didnt want to hijack someones post and ask you more. So do you find it useful to use facebook at all? Im hoping that Instagram will get with the program.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have never found success sharing on facebook if anything it's actually hurt the channel more than it helped now i just stick to networking, twitter, tumblr etc.

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thank you again for the advice. Im still fairly new and want to continue to grow my channel :)

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I just read where someone said that Facebook views might not give you your Youtube views. Ugh! Is that true? What if I use the share button on Youtube, is that the same? What is everyone else doing?
If you share a YouTube link on Facebook, then any views on that will count towards views on YouTube regardless. The only issue you'll run into while doing that is with the Facebook algorithm. Facebook places more importance to native videos (i.e. videos directly uploaded on the platform) and gives them much higher reach than any YouTube video that you link in a post. So if you're trying to get Facebook fans to go to your YouTube content, it's best to make teasers or highlight videos to upload directly to Facebook and simply link the full YouTube version in the description.

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you mean to post a picture and then the link address and not just share from youtube?

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Do you mean to post a picture and then the link address and not just share from youtube?
I mean create a short version of your full YouTube video to upload on Facebook, and link to your YouTube video in the post.

You could do the image thing too but videos are proven to have higher reach on Facebook than images.

Sydney Lee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ohhh I see what u mean. ty
And by the way I just saw what you did with you adsense money, I think that is a awesome idea :D