facebook video surpassing yt?

k13lock

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Curious to see everyone's thoughts on if facebook video could be the way to go for video in the future. It seems youtube is quadrupling in size everyday, thinking facebook video could be the way to go to stand out in saturated market?

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Curious to see everyone's thoughts on if facebook video could be the way to go for video in the future. It seems youtube is quadrupling in size everyday, thinking facebook video could be the way to go to stand out in saturated market?
I see a lot of people doing Facebook videos, yet if you look at their YouTube account and videos they gain more views, they normally advertise their videos on Facebook, maybe a good way to advertise :)

Reactions: k13lock
Reaction score
We have done a few live Facebook vids and it seemed to bring in viewers. We actually get more viewers that way then on some of our YouTube videos :/

Reactions: k13lock

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can use Facebook to upload a teaser for your Youtube video with a link. Then a week later you can reupload a fullversion on Facebook. The reality is, you're not gonna get everyone to hop from Facebook to Youtube, especially since Facebook doesn't like Youtube Links too much. So uploading it natively a week later allows people to get a sample of your work.

eidojodie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For a long time it seemed facebook was kind of dying out... I used to barely even use it! I think it depends on your content... I think if you do short comedy videos (e.g. like cian twomey) then facebook works. I think for most other content...youtube. I don't tend to see anyone share a 20 minute gaming video or say a vlogging video (which are very popular genres). So in that respect I can't see facebook video completely overtaking youtube. I personally prefer watching videos on youtube. But facebook could definitely be the way to help advertise your channel and stay connected to your audience better. I guess it depends on what type of content you want to make! :)

ilikepstrophies

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's "Facebook video"? Did Facebook add a Youtube-like website for videos or are you talking about videos in your Facebook feed?

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's "Facebook video"? Did Facebook add a Youtube-like website for videos or are you talking about videos in your Facebook feed?
Videos in feed, which then bring recommended and video like them after those videos in a black theatre mode style.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Facebook is baisically the new vine, where videos under like 30 seconds do well. On youtube content that is 10+ minutes does better most of the time

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think its a good way to advertise and put small clips out of your videos. I dont think it ever will inless you make like 1 min videos. Vine looked to be getting huge maybe even a little bigger than yt but it died quickly. Youtube will be everlasting. *makes strong proud pose*

ImSoLugo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea I agree with most of you guys. I don't facebook video will become anything that can compare with youtube. but it being a relatively new outlet people could get some quick views. youtube is just way too established and has a huge competitive advantage. I was told in my marketing class however facebook appeals to a lot of foreign countries (I'm assuming many of us are from more western cultural countries, US UK etc) Facebook is still a good place for exposure though it still has a big enough population.