Facebook Video better than Youtube?

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
On a whim, I decided to host one of my videos on FB to see how it performs versus YT, paying the same price on advertising for both. The results were not just surprising, they weren't even close. For the same video, I got 1300 views on YT but 6300 on FB (and it will probably reach 8000 by the time the promotion is done). Is this because FB already knows who to target? Possibly. Are they feeding me BS numbers? Not sure because the amount of likes is also higher, plus it shows the amount of times it was shared.

I've already done another one that finished with 8200 views, 55 likes, and 29 shares. I'm curious if anyone else has experimented with this and what the results were.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
The threshold criteria for what counts as a "view" on Facebook is much lower than on "YouTube".
YouTube removes a lot of low quality views; Facebook doesn't.

Facebook has been sued over this "fraud":

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The threshold criteria for what counts as a "view" on Facebook is much lower than on "YouTube".
YouTube removes a lot of low quality views; Facebook doesn't.

Facebook has been sued over this "fraud":
Thanks for this, I had no idea. Not sure if they cleaned up their act, but another stat they show is "thruplays". For the last example I gave, it shows 3.1K.