Facebook Sharing Not Good.

Reverofenola

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've been thinking of uploading some of my YouTube videos to my Facebook page.

I've already been sharing those videos in various Facebook groups that should hit the mark but the view count is less than when I share it on Reddit, Google Plus, or even Tumblr.

So I was thinking of uploading some of these videos to Facebook since apparently it is easier to get more views (not for YouTube of course) and Facebook makes it easier to click on Facebook videos than YouTube videos.

Any thoughts or is this just a bad idea and I'm just not using Facebook correctly?

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could always try it. I use facebook mainly to share to friends. I do not really think having a facebook page for your channel helps much until you have a following that will go like the page and follow it. Twitter seems to help me a lot personally. I share my things on there with a lot of hashtags and its been helping me get a few more views on my videos. You could always give it a shot though and see how it works. No hurt in trying ya know?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I tend to use Facebook video to catch people's attention to a character I have on my channel, and then include a link to his playlist on my channel. I don't see a huge spike from Facebook, but it seems to at least get people watching the video on Facebook more than linking to a YouTube video from Facebook.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I've done this for a long time..
If you upload a video to Facebook, it will almost certainly get a lot more views; If you share a link to that same video on YouTube, you will likely get a lot less views because Facebook will bury it.
What I do now is only upload videos to Facebook that will showcase my page/get me more Facebook followers.. And I share everything else (the good stuff) from YouTube, even though I know it will usually get fewer views - but sometimes even on Facebook a Youtube share will go semi-viral and still rack up thousands of views.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

GiovaGames

Reaction score
Facebook is king, I'm doing more things in my facebook page now. I uploaded a video to youtube and I got the regular views (600views) then on the next day, I uploaded the same video to facebook and shared it in some groups and it popped. Now the video has 200k views on facebook, I got 200 subs from that video in youtube (call to action at the end) and now the videos stands at 2.8k views on youtube. Is not a lot, but the fact that 200k people saw my face, is pretty huge deal. My facebook page grew 1000 likes. Yesterday I did a stream on facebook and got 120 spectators!! on youtube I only get max 30 spectators from my 2500 subs. Said to those 120 spectators to subscribe, and 40 did. So Facebook is a really good way to promote your YouTube Channel!

Reverofenola

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Facebook is king, I'm doing more things in my facebook page now. I uploaded a video to youtube and I got the regular views (600views) then on the next day, I uploaded the same video to facebook and shared it in some groups and it popped. Now the video has 200k views on facebook, I got 200 subs from that video in youtube (call to action at the end) and now the videos stands at 2.8k views on youtube. Is not a lot, but the fact that 200k people saw my face, is pretty huge deal. My facebook page grew 1000 likes. Yesterday I did a stream on facebook and got 120 spectators!! on youtube I only get max 30 spectators from my 2500 subs. Said to those 120 spectators to subscribe, and 40 did. So Facebook is a really good way to promote your YouTube Channel!
Wait how did you get 200 subs from a facebook video? Did you include a link to your YouTube channel on the page?

GiovaGames

Reaction score
Wait how did you get 200 subs from a facebook video? Did you include a link to your YouTube channel on the page?
300 subs now lol, at the end of the video I made a call to action to subscribe to my channel, and to every person that commented I put a "Thanks for watching" and a link to my yt channel telling him to subscribe! :) NEVER PUT YouTube LINK IN THE POST, just in the comments :D

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
NEVER PUT YouTube LINK IN THE POST, just in the comments :D
THIS! I'm very new, and made a few Facebook posts with links to my video. Even paid for FB ads for it. Did okay. Then I decided to follow the advice to post a photo and description of the video with a statement "Link to Video in First Comment." Posted one of those and the organic response was DOUBLE. Facebook does not promote YT video links. Period.

Akradon360

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm more of a twitter user now. So I'm trying to get more views via that. What tags do you all use? Just ones relevant to the video, or are there good generic ones? (#youtube etc)