Facebook promo led to the ban

Oliver Lesh

Hi, everyone!
Firstly, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum, because it is about promoting videos, but I haven't seen similar topics here.

Now to the problem. The main source of my views is Facebook. Especially promoting my videos in Facebook groups that are focused on doing so. I had joined about 20 promoting groups on Facebook, and I decided to post a video in all of them. I typed a short description to explain what the video is about (most of those groups I was in required it) and I started posting into groups. I slightly changed the description in each group just to make sure Facebook algorithms don't mistake it for spam. But after posting (only one post) into the first three groups Facebook kicks me out of my own account for "security reasons" and asks me to verify account by my phone number. I'm like, okay, weird things happen, but I need my Facebook, so I'll do it. After doing so, I continue posting in remaining groups and it kicks me out again, this time it wants me to upload the photo of myself to make sure it's me, not any kind of hacker. I don't share anything on my profile (not even profile photo), so after uploading the photo of myself system tells me that it can't verify me and it'll terminate my account.

I thought it was just a one-time problem. I read some policies, forums and to this day I haven't found any rules that I have violated. So I created new account and did the same thing. (Just to clarify, I connected with my friends and my school groups first.) And after writing ONE! post (in one group, obviously) Facebook kicks me out again and bans me for good! What the hell is happening?!

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Or do you know about any rules that forbid promoting your own creations in YouTube video promotion groups?

What the hell is happening?!

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Or do you know about any rules that forbid promoting your own creations in YouTube video promotion groups?
That's a sign dude. Forget about Facebook for promoting YouTube videos. The traffic coming from there is crap anyway, and if you use these promoting groups, I guess it will be even crappier. While I see small traffic coming to some of my videos from Facebook (shared to groups, or by persons), it's minuscule compared to the traffic coming from YouTube itself. If your videos are good YouTube's promotes them and does the promotion work for you. If your videos are not, good YouTube hides them.

That's a sign dude. Forget about Facebook for promoting YouTube videos. The traffic coming from there is crap anyway, and if you use these promoting groups, I guess it will be even crappier. While I see small traffic coming to some of my videos from Facebook (shared to groups, or by persons), it's minuscule compared to the traffic coming from YouTube itself. If your videos are good YouTube's promotes them and does the promotion work for you. If your videos are not, good YouTube hides them.

Totally agree, probably the best facebook does is let your friends and family know you have a new video up.
Facebook is a competitor of google, which owns youtube.
I heard somewhere youtube video links are supressed there and wont show up highly on any newsfeed

I have tried posting youtube videos directly to facebook in my own page, but usually the results is dismal. But recently i posted a pic and then with a link instead, the results were so much better.

Just from my own newbie knowledge, facebook groups really strict about that. But some paid advertisers still promote their videos on youtube via their page. I've seen lot of those from my fb timeline. And from many articles and friends wrote, fb is good for paid advertising, but from my own opinion, you should have a lot of budget. I've done fb ads with little budget and end with bad results. You also should learn about targeted audience, and compete with big competitor from big companies. CMIIW, I'm still newbie so, dont make it as a measurements.

Forget about Facebook for promoting YouTube videos. The traffic coming from there is crap anyway, and if you use these promoting groups, I guess it will be even crappier.

Yeah... But still, I was lucky enough to get my (only) traffic from Facebook promoting groups. Still better than Google+ promoting groups, though.

I heard somewhere youtube video links are supressed there and wont show up highly on any newsfeed

Well, Facebook's News Feed is such a mess I believe this might actually be true - no one really cares about this kind of posts when you can't even see all your friends' posts.

I have tried posting youtube videos directly to facebook in my own page, but usually the results is dismal. But recently i posted a pic and then with a link instead, the results were so much better.

I don't have my own FB page because I don't want anyone who knows me personally to know about my YouTube - it would lead to some really embarrassing questions/conversations. I failed with keeping it as a secret, tho, one of my friends has already found out about my lil project :confused:
Definitely agree with the picture posting thing, I posted pic with a link in the description and people clicked on it much more - the post itself probably looks more interesting to the audience.

fb is good for paid advertising, but from my own opinion, you should have a lot of budget. I've done fb ads with little budget and end with bad results. You also should learn about targeted audience, and compete with big competitor from big companies.

Idk anything about this, I've never tried paid promotion, BUT when I used to have some YouTubers liked on FB, paid promotion posts in the News Feed were on a daily basis... The need of doing paid promotion on FB is questionable, though, if all it does is promoting your posts to your already existing fan base (and no one else).

When I ran a gaming channel, I tried to use facebook promotion groups; but people are selfish in those groups. They want people to somehow watch their links posted but then can't even imagine themselves watching links posted by other people.

Just don't even bother with those facebook groups. It isn't exactly helping.

Yep, that's definitely the case with the promo groups on Facebook. Some might say Google+ pages are helpful, but I've found them even more chaotic as there are tons of people and each of them spams their own videos every minute or so until they're bored of it. Watching vids made by others in the group? Ha, that's not cool in those groups.
Right, I might have been (un)lucky enough to find only groups like this, but I had joined more than 50 groups and except those 15 subscribers (God bless them :rolleyes:) all I got were other people promoting their own vids in the comments section under my posts without even checking my vid in the post itself. Think about it.

I tested the waters with a few small FB promotions but saw very little traffic. I might try again when our channel is more mature but as of now I don't think it is worthwhile... I just post links when new videos come out. Going to dig into Instagram and Snapchat a little more to see if those are worthwhile.

I tested the waters with a few small FB promotions but saw very little traffic. I might try again when our channel is more mature but as of now I don't think it is worthwhile... I just post links when new videos come out. Going to dig into Instagram and Snapchat a little more to see if those are worthwhile.

I'm quite stressed with instagram video type, good luck anyway.

Back