Facebook Post Boosting - Results For Those Who Are Curious!

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Everyone,

A couple days ago I did an experiment with post boosting on Facebook to see what kind of results I would get for putting in 'X' amount of dollars with specific target settings. I thought some of you might be curious as to what kind of results this type of ad can have!

Keep in mind that the ad is on going and there are still a couple days left for it to reach more people, but these are the results thus far...

So for the post itself I wrote something simple like "Another HOT episode of Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion! This one is a bit mental!
" with a link to the video underneath.

For my target settings I put....
Ages: 13 - 50
Locations: Ontario, Canada - Stockholm, Sweden - Los Angeles, United States
Interests: Games

I chose to run the promotion for 7 days with a budget of 54 Canadian dollars. This gave me an estimate that the promotion would reach 2000 - 20,000 people.

RESULTS:

The add has reached 876 people thus far with 37 engagements. This means that 37 people have either liked, commented, shared or clicked on the video link. Out of those 37 people, 3 of them have clicked the video link.

I have currently spent 24.95 of my total budget (this will keep adding up every time the post is seen and/or engaged with until I reach my max budget.

Also keep in mind that the promotion will still be running for another 4 days. I will post the final results here once it's over.

So far I'm getting exactly what I expected. A couple thousand promotion views by the end + a couple link clicks. The post is getting quite a number of likes however so that may improve the promotion engagement over time.

I hope this information is useful to anyone thinking of doing something similar in the future. This was a just a test and not something I am going to be doing seriously any time soon but I think if you can figure out the right target settings, this could be a great way of reaching more people.

gregbowes

Happy Halloween!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the info I was always wondering if it was worth doing or not.

Reactions: MechaJake

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Iv always had an interest to give this a go to see if it actually did something but never had the spare cash to do so.

Thank you for taking the plunge and experimenting yourself, sounds like its a good way to advertise maybe an advertisement about an event but not that good for videos. Non the less its an experiment and the results prove that people do have an interest you just need to figure out how you can narrow it down to your target audience.

You should get some aid from your YT analytics to help you get a target audience and target country. The countries which watch you the most aswell as the age range your videos bring in.

MechaJake

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Iv always had an interest to give this a go to see if it actually did something but never had the spare cash to do so.

Thank you for taking the plunge and experimenting yourself, sounds like its a good way to advertise maybe an advertisement about an event but not that good for videos. Non the less its an experiment and the results prove that people do have an interest you just need to figure out how you can narrow it down to your target audience.

You should get some aid from your YT analytics to help you get a target audience and target country. The countries which watch you the most aswell as the age range your videos bring in.
Definitely some excellent points. I did sort of make this search very broad on purpose. The nice thing about the promotion settings is that you can actually see which age groups responded to it the most. So if I were to run it again I would focus on 13 - 24 or 13 - 30.

Reactions: ChargunHD

CelyD87

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! Thank you for the post. I actually tried the boost as well but I tried it on FB and Instagram. It was an experiment so I only did a budget of $10 US dollars. Here are my results:
Instagram "Cool Science Experiments for Kids to do at Home" (budget $5) 803 impressions and 2 clicks.

Facebook "Disneyland California Adventure 2016 Toddler Dancing" (budget $5) 762 impressions and 0 clicks

I would definitely say that the results depend on how appealing the title and thumbnail are in order for people to click on it. I would probably try a higher budget next time as well to see how I really feel about it.