Facebook Pages - How do you promote and engage on them?

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director

froandjoe

Perma-Facepalm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator

PhazerConteh

Head Recruiter @ PhazerNetwork
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
The key to having a succesful facebook page is interacting with the fans. You need to give them what they want...If it's a gaming channels facebook page they would post their videos on it but also give the fans gaming news since thats what people want to hear and make statuses about relevant and recent topics which will generate alot of comments and likes since thats whats going on atm.. the key is to update fans with whats going on with you and discuss the media with them also.

Mishie

MishieWishie
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think you could use Facebook to alert them about new uploaded videos, sure. But note that each social media platform has their own use. So simply posting new videos is not maximizing the medium.

You could, as someone had mentioned, run polls or use Facebook as a better way to get to know your subscribers and fans. It's always difficult to keep tabs on the comments on your videos but it's much easier on Facebook. You could also use twitter/instagram for a more instant/miniscule updates if they want to get to know you on a more day-to-day basis. And tumblr, for me, seems to be the beter place to share with others in mutual fandom (since there is a lot of fan content on there).

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
It's so hard it's ridiculous

I mainly promote my videos, post some of my twitter status (not all, as I use twitter for my youtube channel and personal life aswell) and relay/get relayed on the facebook pages of my friends whom I network with.

Again, Facebook is to me the hardest social network to grow a page on, I have no trouble with Twitter (Soon 1k followers, yeah !) or even Google+ for that matter. Facebook is incredibly hard.

Ross

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Something else to add to this is Facebook pages are a really handy way to share behind the scenes content. I sometimes post a screenshot of me editing the video so people know it's about to go live, or a 'preview'. It's a good place to thank people if you got a great reaction from your last video. For example, you get 100 likes on a video, you can thank some percentage of those 'likers' immediately rather than waiting until the next video and making a note of it there.

Joofville

Funny Animations
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I have over 350 likes on my facebook page. My website uses Wordpress and I have a plugin which publishes new videos and posts from wordpress to Facebook.