Facebook like page

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a Facebook like page it's linked to my personal Facebook! I want to keep my Facebook book like page for my subscribers. Is there way to have a like page without it being linked to my personal Facebook?

Balthazaar

Scourge of Mankind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do you mean, exactly?

As I understand it, you must have a personal Facebook page, in order to create a fan or business page. Facebook is fairly... ignorant in that regard. However, there is no way to tell that your fan/business page and your personal page are hosted by the same person, as admin information is generally concealed- unless you allow people to see who administrates your fan page.

Most social media (like youtube) allows you to link only your fan page to your accounts, so that you can avoid posting to your personal page.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you mean, exactly?

As I understand it, you must have a personal Facebook page, in order to create a fan or business page. Facebook is fairly... ignorant in that regard. However, there is no way to tell that your fan/business page and your personal page are hosted by the same person, as admin information is generally concealed- unless you allow people to see who administrates your fan page.

Most social media (like youtube) allows you to link only your fan page to your accounts, so that you can avoid posting to your personal page.
I was thinking about deleting my personal Facebook account because of people I went to high school with is starting drama, since my YouTube channel started to grow over 2,000 subscribers. I don't want to deal with them anymore, so I thought it would be better to delete my personal account, but I want to keep my like page and I didn't know how to go about that.

Balthazaar

Scourge of Mankind
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ah! In that case, you could always create a fake personal facebook page and make it an administrator of your account. You can use your own name and make your personal account private so no one can find it, or you can use a fake name. Be warned however, if you use a fake name, it must look realistic. Facebook has a strict fake name policy and will terminate your account if someone reports you for a fake name. I.E. Kate Green vs Hugh Jass.

Once you create a new FB account, you will need to add the old one as a friend. Once the old and new account are friends, use the old page to log into your fan FB page. From here go to settings:

Scroll down to page Roles and click on it. You will see a blank entry field where you can look up a friend's name. look up your new FB account, and once found select it. Before clicking the add button, make sure you click on the button that says Editor, and change it to ADMIN. Once you hit add, your new FB account should be an admin of the page.

Once that is all done, you can be free to delete/deactivate your old FB account and your page will stay up under new management.

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always wonder why facebook doesn't give privacy when it comes to Facebook pages....i mean come on give us an option to create a page without using our accounts or just don`t make us link our accounts with pages.