Facebook is taking over YouTube!

Shyam Sharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello all,

I recently noticed that videos that I publish on YouTube hardly get around 10000 views however, the same videos that I post on Facebook get around 100K views which is insane when you compare the same.

I would like to know whether Facebook is taking over YouTube or not in your opinion?

Thank You

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
FB video is kind of a joke. Advertisers don’t take it seriously because they know the stats don’t mean anything. A view on FB is two seconds of a video playing even if it doesn’t include audio. So a lot of those so called views were from people scrolling down their feed they didn’t actually watch the video or even notice it was playing. Until Facebook takes action to make the views mean something, no one is going to take them seriously

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
FB video is kind of a joke. Advertisers don’t take it seriously because they know the stats don’t mean anything
I agree:) Facebook is a joke when it comes to a serious video platform. No, stick to good old Youtube (even though it is getting harder) but Youtube will always be around in one way or another.. Use facebook to promote your videos (works sometimes) :);)

Reactions: Samira

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Check your retention on Facebook. Let us know how many views were counted, how many 10-second views and Video Average Watch Time.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Is it that bad.......so which means out of 100K views I got, only some were real???????
Facebook counts as view also when a video autoplays while someone is reading the homepage so yes, many views may be just someone not interested in the video and it's autoplaying in their feed.

Reactions: Sk Jony