Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Facebook entering the race for AD money

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by SmartTheDumb, Jan 10, 2017.

1. SmartTheDumb
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $61
    Looks like youtube gonna get some serious competition now... Not sure if I like it or not.

What do you think?

2. Conso1727
    Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
    Cash:
    $1,683
    With all the freebooted videos that get uploaded on Facebook, they'd better start implementing some control before they anger big Youtube names.

KatyAdelson likes this.
  3. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $3,071
    Hmm... I just looked it up a bit, and apparently it's only going to be an ad that is put in the middle of the video. D: That does NOT work with music.. >.> Hopefully they'll eventually allow pre-roll or ending ads to make everyone happy.

4. xingcat
    Be good to self.
    Cash:
    $1,496
    Hmm. It'd be interesting to see how their view counters work for this. Facebook tends to be very generous when allotting views to a video, which I think will tighten up with paying out ad revenue.

5. SmartTheDumb
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $61
    Supposedly it counts as a view if you watch more than 3 seconds. Ads will only come at the 20 second mark, and only if the video is 90 seconds or longer.

6. Kevinsmak
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $73
    Very interesting, do you have a link to where this was located? I would like to read more about it.

7. SmartTheDumb
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $61
    I get a message saying I can't post links :/

8. Kevinsmak
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $73
    ahh thanks for trying. This site is way to strict.

9. Chris Raynerson
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $82
    It's great for all online content creators. More ways for the creators to create better incomes for themselves. And those people who've been putting all of their time building their Facebook pages will really see the payoff.

10. SmartTheDumb
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $61
    But ad revenue might actually go down. As now there may be 2 great competitors providing a possibly cheaper platform for companies to put their ads on.