Facebook entering the race for AD money

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Looks like youtube gonna get some serious competition now... Not sure if I like it or not.

What do you think?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
With all the freebooted videos that get uploaded on Facebook, they'd better start implementing some control before they anger big Youtube names.

Reactions: KatyAdelson

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hmm... I just looked it up a bit, and apparently it's only going to be an ad that is put in the middle of the video. D: That does NOT work with music.. >.> Hopefully they'll eventually allow pre-roll or ending ads to make everyone happy.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hmm. It'd be interesting to see how their view counters work for this. Facebook tends to be very generous when allotting views to a video, which I think will tighten up with paying out ad revenue.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Supposedly it counts as a view if you watch more than 3 seconds. Ads will only come at the 20 second mark, and only if the video is 90 seconds or longer.

Kevinsmak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very interesting, do you have a link to where this was located? I would like to read more about it.

Kevinsmak

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ahh thanks for trying. This site is way to strict.

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
It's great for all online content creators. More ways for the creators to create better incomes for themselves. And those people who've been putting all of their time building their Facebook pages will really see the payoff.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
But ad revenue might actually go down. As now there may be 2 great competitors providing a possibly cheaper platform for companies to put their ads on.