facebook Content ID

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello, Not sure where to put this really but here it goes. So I read on several sites that Facebook made a similar license deal similar to YouTube that pays license fees for copyrighted content such as music tracks etc. I went to upload some of my song covers etc to Facebook thinking I could use Facebook if YouTube went away but nothing on Facebook is being detected as copyright. Has anyone gotten a copyright claim on Facebook before and if so was the video blocked or were ads placed on it like YouTube? Here is a link to an article about the license deals. https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/9/17100454/facebook-warner-music-deal-songs-user-videos-instagram

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I realize this is about facebook instead of YouTube, but I think it makes more sense to be in the copyright forum, so I've moved it to there. :) I hadn't heard that Facebook was getting a Content ID thing going, too. A lot of stuff on facebook still feels very 2009-ish, so it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't worked out all the problems with content ID that YouTube already faced...

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I have received third party claims and strikes on Facebook.... The strikes weren't resolved because the process is much like youtube but the claims were released... As I had licenses to use them.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes I have received third party claims and strikes on Facebook.... The strikes weren't resolved because the process is much like youtube but the claims were released... As I had licenses to use them.
that's interesting. I tried uploading my rebecca black video that i have in my signature to facebook and nothing was claimed but it was claimed instantly on youtube and it's been having ads to the owners

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long have you given it to scan?

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe nobody has uploaded it to Facebook??