videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Are you saying I should not run their accounts??
It is just my opinion. Either I let my kid (whenever it is at the age that YT accepts it to make a channel) or f/b or snapchat or whatever account wants to make either I ask if it wants the parent to supervise.
But again I might overreact :)

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is just my opinion. Either I let my kid (whenever it is at the age that YT accepts it to make a channel) or f/b or snapchat or whatever account wants to make either I ask if it wants the parent to supervise.
But again I might overreact :)
My children are 6 and 11. For my 6 year old there is not a chance, first she not fully computer savy-this is a good way to learn. And secondly the amount of weird/sickos out there that prey on kids is sadly quite high. I have already blocked some- but as I say im teaching her online safety as we go so its a good learning curve.
Same for my 11 year old, he does do some bit on his own but I check it and moderate it-bit like a forum. As a parent the online world is just as dangerous as the real world and both can merge. As they get older then yes they can take control more but not as they young.
I appreciate though your opinion and answer :)

Reactions: videoeditgr

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Back to the original post, has anyone else tracked the behavior of visitors gained through social networks? When I look at my analytics, they seem to not even engage with the videos. That is especially true for Twitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryansrs07

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I honestly don't think that it helps much. Some swear by it but I have never seen much, if any return from social media. Maybe if you had no life and spend all of your time on Twitter, it might, but that's not me.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
For me I actually started off my facebook page and group first before venturing to youtube. Facebook is ideal for communicating with your community like pic post, tutorials and also for one on one chats as well. Think of it as an extension to your brand/channel. Instead of using it just to share your videos, it is a good place to interact with your community. Also with a FB group of like minded ppl, really helps a lot with coming out with new topics!

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone uses Facebook and Twitter to promote their YouTube channels and if it works.

I run my kids channels and seen a few that do this but don't have a huge amount of follower. But I suppose it can another part of promoting the channel. We use Instagram and find that is pretty good.

Anyway how does it work for you guys- good, bad???

Well I don't use Facebook to promote my videos but I do use Instagram and Twitter on Instagram because I have 2,000 followers it tends to work very well for me I tend to get some really good views and really good traffic from Instagram although it didn't work last time very well but that's alright I also use Twitter that give me a bit less success but I do tend to drive views from Twitter so that definitely helps and that's it