Facebook ads and ad words haven't been helping..is it just me?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey, you guys I have recently been investing money in adwords and facebook ads.. like a lot. I've been getting a lot of views on the ads and Youtube videos but NO Subs whatsoever! When I pause or cancel the ad words ad my video does not get anymore views whatsoever. Should I stop wasting my money on ads? Has adwords and facebook ads helped anyone? If so what was your strategy?

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
If you think from business stand point it's actually not profitable. Maybe view numbers are going up but the watch time is not which is one of the biggest problem with this ads. In order to grow your channel you have to make sure that your watch time is higher than your view which also a indication of potential subscribers because they are watching long means they want to watch more from you. I'll advise don't heavily invest into those ads. Have a good mix of ad promotion and your own promotion. Allocate extra time everyday to promote your videos by yourself. Trust me you will see a big change. In the beginning it might not work until you figure out your strategy. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarification. Cheers!

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Diversified Unison is quite right. Adwords will get you views but the watch time and interaction is very poor.
Don't think I'll be wasting anymore money on it.

Reactions: Diversified Unison

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, you guys I have recently been investing money in adwords and facebook ads.. like a lot. I've been getting a lot of views on the ads and Youtube videos but NO Subs whatsoever! When I pause or cancel the ad words ad my video does not get anymore views whatsoever. Should I stop wasting my money on ads? Has adwords and facebook ads helped anyone? If so what was your strategy?
Ads are not just for getting views. They are about getting your name known and eventually receiving brand recognition. With that being said if you are investing heavily in ads and nothing more in getting your brand known like memorable or epic videos, ads won't work as expected. You also need to combine them with other social media promotion and once you get the ball rolling, you may even pause the ads for some time.

Reactions: PictureFIT

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

ShyJosh

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Well, I did pay FB 2$ for promotion of non-yt-site ... I did get 1300-1400 page likes in 7-8 days. I guess I was lucky.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've recently been playing with AdWords for my channel promoting 1 video. I am an AdWords professional (qualified in search display and video and used the platform since 2010) and even I have found the results hard to stomach.

1) I spent around £20 testing out a campaign to promote 1 video

2) Average watch duration was below 45 seconds! (really poor! My average is about 1.55 seconds)

3) I did get some subs (7 to be exact) That's a cost per sub of £2.80. Definitely not sustainable!

4) I generated views at a cost per view of just £0.01 - but they aren't good quality views!

I've run YouTube ads for big brands and the results are much better than mine were. Here are the reasons I think this is the case:

1) They already have brand recognition. If a big company says something, you're more likely to listen

2) My videos aren't polished from a presentation and production point of view, I have only been on YouTube for 3 months, so it's not a bad thing to say.

Some people I KNOW for a fact are using AdWords to grow very quickly, but they already had high quality production, tons of videos and experience, oh, and tons of subs too (15k at least)

EXAMPLE

If you look for "Fred Lam" he is somebody I discovered via AdWords and his channel is growing quickly as a result. but please note the reasons above why it won't work for you... Yet

Also, as I said, I have used AdWords for nearly 8 years and I struggled to promote my new and tiny channel, so if you aren't experienced in AdWords, you'll find it tough!

There are so many things to consider like targeting options (MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR), ad formats (in stream or discovery ads) locations, bidding, ad copy optimisation etc...

All the best for you and your channel!

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have not dabbled with any paid marketing campaigns. If I did, I would stick to the same environment. I would promote my YouTube channel with ads ON YouTube.

It seems to me that people like to stick to the app/site that they are currently using.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Buying ad space is one thing. Making a worthy ad is another. Do both if you want a successful campaign.