Face cam questions

xLaneYTChannel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I want to do face cam for my videos but have a few questions

1.does the angle of the camera matter the only way i think I can set mine up is right on my monitor so straight ahead but I don't know if at an angle would be better?

2. My current set up is my desk against a wall with behind me being my room that has an exercise bike and just open space. I can potentially angle it so I am playing in a corner and behind me would be a bookcase with collectibles on it and my dresser but I would have to move stuff around for recording.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does the angle matter? Personal preference I guess; everyone's face has a good angle and a bad angle so if your face looks better in a specific angle, work to get that angle. Otherwise no real issue, as long as you're not creepily staring into the viewer's soul.

2nd part / the background doesn't matter hugely. It's better if it's cleaner or if you have a green screen that'd work better. I have a pretty simple black sheet that I monstrously attached to my walls, but it at least makes the background look crisp as hell. But again that can be personal preference. I never really mind people's background unless it's really weird or horrible and I have to pay attention to it and seek out all the weird s**t.

xLaneYTChannel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Does the angle matter? Personal preference I guess; everyone's face has a good angle and a bad angle so if your face looks better in a specific angle, work to get that angle. Otherwise no real issue, as long as you're not creepily staring into the viewer's soul.

2nd part / the background doesn't matter hugely. It's better if it's cleaner or if you have a green screen that'd work better. I have a pretty simple black sheet that I monstrously attached to my walls, but it at least makes the background look crisp as hell. But again that can be personal preference. I never really mind people's background unless it's really weird or horrible and I have to pay attention to it and seek out all the weird s**t.
Yeah I don't have a green screen and if I got one I don't have the lighting what do you use for lights?

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I don't have a green screen and if I got one I don't have the lighting what do you use for lights?
Nothing special just room light and a lamp light... since I don't chroma key my BG (tried it, black just not that good for it) so I just stick to a solid black BG. I find it pleasant on the eyes at least.

If you're in the states I've seen some pretty good lighting kits for like 40-50 bucks which I think isn't too bad and a solidly sized green screen isn't too bad either (tho crappier material than a more expensive one)

xLaneYTChannel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Nothing special just room light and a lamp light... since I don't chroma key my BG (tried it, black just not that good for it) so I just stick to a solid black BG. I find it pleasant on the eyes at least.

If you're in the states I've seen some pretty good lighting kits for like 40-50 bucks which I think isn't too bad and a solidly sized green screen isn't too bad either (tho crappier material than a more expensive one)
I can't decide what to do prob just keep the room behind me only thing I don't like is it's boring lol

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can't decide what to do prob just keep the room behind me only thing I don't like is it's boring lol
Well as long as you yourself are interesting to people the room shouldn't really matter. If anything people might joke around about it and make comments which is good for activity...

xLaneYTChannel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Well as long as you yourself are interesting to people the room shouldn't really matter. If anything people might joke around about it and make comments which is good for activity...
Now to find out how to get people to sub and what not I just put up a video and already has a dislike when I didn't put it anywhere

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Now to find out how to get people to sub and what not I just put up a video and already has a dislike when I didn't put it anywhere
Just an every day happening in this line of work. I'd recommend hitting up the rules and whatnot on the forum, and fixing your channel link as it's currently not working.
After that just be an active part of the community and it'll get you a couple views but don't hope for anything extreme, mainly use it to learn the trade as much as possible and to grow yourself and your content.

Good luck!

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Face cam is a great idea angle doesn't really matter just play around with it and see what you like, obviously behind your head would be a bad angle...

You should not invest in a green screen (yet) in my opinion. Look at Pewdiepie, he doesn't have a green screen and he's the biggest YouTuber.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Face cam is a great idea angle doesn't really matter just play around with it and see what you like, obviously behind your head would be a bad angle...

You should not invest in a green screen (yet) in my opinion. Look at Pewdiepie, he doesn't have a green screen and he's the biggest YouTuber.
He does have a green screen, lol. He has a whole studio in fact... he just doesn't use it for the normal gameplays since he had the custom painted foam walls made. I've only seen him use it for some skit based edits where he chroma's him into a video.