Face cam for gaming channel

PfftGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey! I want to add facecam to my videos but I am not sure what webcam to buy or if it has more to do with the program then the product.

Right now I record with Audacity and a DVR Capture card. I line up the audio with the visual and the rest is just extra. What would change in my editing if I added a webcam video? Would I have to line up the audio with the webcam with the gaming video? Or is there a way to record the webcam video and audio in one shot? I feel like lining up all three could cause some problems

I needs the helps
Zeni

Luis Patino

I don't know
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate

Google that product, and on the official site there's a free demo, I love this program, it is simple but gets what I need done. It is also cheap to buy on amazon, but get the free trial from the official site. I use it for my gaming videos, you don't even need a webcam really, just something to record yourself.

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000, it's pretty damn good.

HiGamingTime

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm just going to go on record saying that I hate facecams.

Reactions: Styxie

Styxie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm just going to go on record saying that I hate facecams.
It works mostly for horror games for me anyway, otherwise it is a bit too gimmicky. But I see no harm in having a little facecam in the corner for some games, feels like you get to know the youtuber a bit more :)

Luis Patino

I don't know
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
It works mostly for horror games for me anyway, otherwise it is a bit too gimmicky. But I see no harm in having a little facecam in the corner for some games, feels like you get to know the youtuber a bit more :)
I'm going to do so in my videos in order to have a connection with the audience. Sorta if I'm playing a game and they are really sitting with me, watching. If that's what they are into. Lol, I mean they can alway put a post-it note over my face. I'll never know :)

Reactions: Styxie

Rouge

The All-Round Lad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Use Camtasia studio and you get the whole package! No need to separate out everything :)

stepmack35

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use face cam in some of my videos also. Mainly my Rage Ops videos so people can see my rage reactions :p