Exposure by commenting?

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What I mean by that is, do you think there's a way to get more people checking out your channel by you commenting?

I don't mean spamming and self promoting, I mean actual commenting. Maybe commenting on other YouTubers in your niche's videos and really just on videos in general. Maybe someone could find your comment interesting or see you have an eye-catching profile picture and decide to check you out. And if they like your stuff, they may subscribe and become a fan.

So I'm wondering, do you think this is an okay method to use on the side or do you think it won't work at all.

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sure, if they're small enough and within your niche, and your comments seem knowledgeable and interesting, and/or you comment on several of their videos. If the youtuber is too big you could get lost in the shuffle, but still other commenters might notice it. I don't know how effective it would be as a sole form of growing your audience, but there certainly isn't anything to lose by doing it :)

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For me it works to get subs this way. I only comment if I have something nice to say. I might be sitting at my computer for 1-2 hours to get one sub, but when you find a channel with videos you really admire, it's a nice feeling. So getting subs by commenting is not easy, but it is effective.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe I don't know haha I guess it's hard to find out unless someone says they came to your channel because of it

Reactions: Freshly Finished

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Dude, thanks for asking this question. I actually wanted to ask the same few minutes ago. But I actually would love to know another thing. How do you find videos in your niche you can comment on. I am doing an entrepreneur vlog for example and as a smart boy I would obviously go to Gary Vee's channel, the problem with that is, he is maybe great, but he is my main competitor with his agency work. How do you find the right content? Or should you comment across all niches and try to find people from other channels, other than just from entrepreneurs?

Reactions: ChrisLegend

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I have done it a few times, sometimes it got me a few subs, sometimes not. It just depends on the people. But the more you would comment, the more change. I think the most imporant thing is not to force yourself to put comments on every video. That won't work. Just watch a few videos once in a while, if you got something to say about it, say it.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it can definitely work! A youtuber that I subscribed to when he had around 5,000 subscribers, now has over 500,000, and he started to get big from not only his hilarious videos, but also because so many people would recognize him in the comments section, and more people would find his channel.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
How do you find videos in your niche you can comment on. I
I find them on Reddit and Stumbleupon. There are lots of pet videos so it's easy for me to find them. I'll also check out the channels of other commenters as well if they are content creators.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is exactly what I do! Every YouTuber I find that uploads similar content to me I comment on and usually subscribe to. Nothing like "check out my channel", I post genuine comments. Not all channel come to check you out, but some do. Also, some of their subscribers check you out.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most of the time when I comment on someones channel usually the creator is the only one to drop by and check out my videos.

Idk man, I don't feel like many people check you out via comments.