Expert Channel Review Please?

KingFishOcean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello. My name is Ocean. My channel is KingFishOcean. I have been making videos on the channel for years now, and I have hit a dead end for seven billionth time. I have been studying SEO a lot lately and trying to figure out where I may be going wrong with my channel. I have about 1.2k subs but I haven't grown in months. I barely get any views anymore and I am not sure why. I DID have to take some time away from YouTube due to moving and starting University, which I think probably killed a lot of momentum. But I can't get it back. Could anyone out there who knows YouTube and knows SEO take a look at my channel and give me their honest opinion? I am looking for a full review, for example, if you find an issue with my channel art, I wanna know. If you think my tags are bad I wanna know. I know it's a lot to do, I am just so tired and feeling depressed looking at my stagnant channel slowly die. Thank you for your time.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am by no means an expert. I only have 72 subscribers, but I have been studying youtube a lot. Your tags aren't descriptive. On most of your videos, you have just, for example, "Night In The Woods Game" and stuff like that. Describe the key parts of the game that you come to in that episode. Maybe it will help people find you better. I have been told to always use the full 500 characters available to me for tags. Saying most of my views are from unsubscribed people, I would say it helps a little. Your banner is perfect though! and so are your thumbnails! I also love your content! You are hilarious! Just keep at it and it will pick up again! I expect to see your channel get big!

Reactions: KingFishOcean

KingFishOcean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am by no means an expert. I only have 72 subscribers, but I have been studying youtube a lot. Your tags aren't descriptive. On most of your videos, you have just, for example, "Night In The Woods Game" and stuff like that. Describe the key parts of the game that you come to in that episode. Maybe it will help people find you better. I have been told to always use the full 500 characters available to me for tags. Saying most of my views are from unsubscribed people, I would say it helps a little. Your banner is perfect though! and so are your thumbnails! I also love your content! You are hilarious! Just keep at it and it will pick up again! I expect to see your channel get big!
that is a very good point. Tags is still something I feel I struggle with. I have tubebuddy but I never really know what tags to use. thanks for the support, and the advice :)

Calixo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, because i like your channel, i'll critique it

First of all whats your real first name?

secondly, i love the art style, the fish, the intro/outro banner ect. i can tell you're good at photoshop

What i do think needs improving on is

a. camera lighting (your cambox is very monotone, you could also move away from the wall to add a deeper depth of field, hopefully it makes your face stand out) (if you can't use colour curves in your editing software)

b.keep everything in one place, i've seen that you've got 3 channels, if i were you i would put your reactions on your main channel, spice things up a bit. If you niche your self to just games (or a certain game that makes your channel grow) when the game dies your channel dies with it. (try "try not to luagh" challenges ect.)

c. kingfish fridays is a brilliant idea, this could be a big thing, again rather than do things like qna's focus on doing something, you could do unboxings, or photoshop peoples faces, or go out and vlog something.

d. keep it up, your clearly a hard working/ passionate person, sometimes your tested by the low times to allo you to appreciate the high

anyway i subbed, keep uploading, spend a good day just playing about with the look of the video

peace out girl scout