Everyone thinks I just Sub4Sub?!

Prateek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hola Youtubers!

Okay so basically I woke up today and checked my Instagram inbox with around 10 new direct messages of sub4sub, or that they have subscribed to me and I should subscribe to them back etc etc.

I'm new to youtube, and I wanted to share myself by liking / commenting on people's posts in Instagram (as people's guide says to share yourself over social medias - but don't get spammy!)

I like their posts & sometimes add a genuine comment about the video. But what they think is just we should just sub4sub (because they would just add 50 hashtags about sub4sub youtube etc etc) (I hate sub4sub or anything like that) -.-

How am I suppose to have genuine subscribers if these people will surely be my ghost subscribers?

Thanks for reading :)
P.S Sorry for my Spanglish lol

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Don't worry, your English is really good!

It's good to share yourself, although Instagram will notice if you're copy-pasting and eventually stop you from posting for a little while. The best way to get genuine subscribers is to consistently interact with other people and build friendships from the community. This forum is a great way of meeting new people and gaining new fans - thanks to the lovely folks at this forum, I have over 300 subscribers in just a few months!

Prateek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't worry, your English is really good!

It's good to share yourself, although Instagram will notice if you're copy-pasting and eventually stop you from posting for a little while. The best way to get genuine subscribers is to consistently interact with other people and build friendships from the community. This forum is a great way of meeting new people and gaining new fans - thanks to the lovely folks at this forum, I have over 300 subscribers in just a few months!
Thanks for the advice, and no I don't copy paste so my Instagram comments are not marked as spam & they're genuine.
I'll stick around with this forum more - will add a bookmark for this forum so I can constantly come here :p

Btw (out of topic) how did you get your video in your signature? I've been trying to do that but I just see a link for myself lol

Reactions: darkstarmedia

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You can edit your signature and click the little Media button (the one that looks like a roll of film, next to the picture icon) and paste your YouTube link in there. However, I think you need to upgrade your account in order to do that!

Reactions: Prateek

Prateek

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can edit your signature and click the little Media button (the one that looks like a roll of film, next to the picture icon) and paste your YouTube link in there. However, I think you need to upgrade your account in order to do that!
Cool thank you :) PS I subscribed to your channel! You have great vids :)

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
There are soo many people out there who do sub4sub that it's getting frustrating because you hardly ever know whether someone's comments are genuine or they have a "hidden agenda". If someone asks me to check out their channel I usually do and leave a (normal) comment on one of their videos but when that person does sub4sub, that comment only invites other sub4sub people to subscribe to my channel because they think I do sub4sub as well. :rolleyes:

I don't understand how people can be happy with a channel filled with fake comments and fake subs. Why are they even doing YouTube? :O_o2:

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just keep doing what you're doing and let your subscribers decide if they're there for your videos or for potential favours. I've found the people who want me to sub4sub don't stick around long anyway.